Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
Xp0z3d

Not able to stream trailer from Youtube. Itunes play trailers of low budget movies only.

Question

First of all thanks for this amazing add-on. It has worked like charm.

Only issue I have is with trailers. First I tried to set up priority to play Itunes trailers, but for some reasons most of those trailers were either featurettes on making of movie or some b-grade movies which I have never heard of. After testing it out for a while, I switched to having KodiDB as priority which works well but it only plays trailers of movies that I already have in my library. Which is fine but not optimal. Because i have some old B/W movies too and those trailers don`t look good. I was wondering if it is possible to play couple of trailers of new mainstream movies in HD, then couple of trailers of movies in my library, but only if trailer is available in HD? So is it possible to restrict Kodi DB trailers only to trailers available in at least 720p or above? Also is it possible to have 2 different trailer module play 2 different kind of trailers? Like one module only playing trailers from library and other only playing of movies that are coming soon?

Then I was reading about how to make a text file into a .CVURL file with a link of youtube trailer and play that as a video. But so far i have failed in doing so. I have made a text document with a youtube link. Then changed the ext to .CVURL and put it in trailer directory of CV. In CV settings I tried to set up trailer source as Directory and then also added the path to that directory. But it does not play any trailer anymore. Then I tried to make source file, and put in exact path of .CVURL file. But it still does not play it. 

So what I am doing wrong? How to fix it?

14 answers to this question

37 minutes ago, Xp0z3d said:

I tried putting a cvurl file in Trailers folder, then put trailers to play from that directory, but it did not play. Then I did was in sequence put it to play specific file in trailers folder, it still did not play. Thats why I asked in op what I am doing wrong?

Should I instead of adding it as a trailer, add it as a video sequence? In that case when I goto edit sequence and add video bumper, I can chose a single file, but then when pointing to that single file, only options of source are addon zip files. It does not give me option to select directory from my android device or external file sources.

I just tested this and while it did take a second for the trailer to buffer, it did work. Here's what I did:

1. Placed a CVURL file in the CinemaVision Trailers directory. (I used the file that I've attached here.)
  2. Edit the Trailers Module in the Sequence.
  3. Set Source to Content.
  4. Set Scrapers filter (scrapers) to CV Trailers Folder and disable the other scrapers.
  5. Press the C key on the keyboard to bring up the context menu.
  6. Choose Save to save the Sequence.
  7. Press the C key on the keyboard to bring up the context menu.
  8. Choose Add-on Settings to open the CinemaVision settings.
  9. Browse to the Content menu.
  10. Choose Update content.

Now it should work like a champ. There aren't any limits to how many CVURL files you can have, but make sure as you add more that you update content so CinemaVision catalogs them and uses them.

THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer (HD).cvurl

I'm not sure what you're doing wrong.  I have only gotten 1st run trailers from iTunes for movies that are not out at theaters yet every time I've selected a script with trailers in it.  I have YouTube disabled, iTunes first and then KodiDB prioritized in the setup with a preference for 720p trailers.  I typically only have it play one trailer per movie, but I've gotten everything from the new Aliens movie (before it was released) to Blade Runner 2049 in September and the new Mummy movie (among others I can't recall offhand as they were less interesting to me).  I have never gotten a making of.  I may have gotten "B" movies (depends on what you call B-movies since most everything these days are remakes, sequels or comic book movies with hardly anything original that isn't classified as "low budget" or "b-movie" since Hollywood are seemingly too chicken to make truly NEW movies anymore). 

Make sure you specify 720p as a minimum in the configuration if you don't want lower resolution trailers.  I moved iTunes above KodiDB (select and move upwards) in the configuration order.  I have it set to choose by theme (i.e. if you're watching a Sci-Fi movie, it will try and pick a 'new' Sci-Fi trailer with iTunes set first in order).

I suppose trailers for older movies might not look that great, but I'd rather see them than yet another comic book trailer.  Of course, if you have Blu-Rays you can always dump the (usually included) trailers yourself and create your own high-def classic movie trailer directory for your own library for KodiDB instead of depending on (often junk) quality from something like YouTube (where Kodi defaults to get ALL trailers from for "information" selections). 

What I'd like is a way to show a trailer like "Also playing at this theater" for KodiDB selections and "coming soon" type trailers for the new stuff (i.e. have CinemaVision separate the two and have say a way to select 1-3 new movie trailers followed by 1-2 KodiDB trailers with the "also playing at this theater" trailer in-between (what you often see in real theaters to distinguish future movies from ones also playing at the same theater).  I've seen bumpers for "also playing here" but I'm not aware of how to keep them separate other than to only show KodiDB versus iTunes in which case you'd have to make sure only "also playing at this theater" type trailers were the only ones it could select.

• Upvote 1

My iTunes trailers have improved. And what you said in the end is exactly I would love to have. Start with a Banner saying Now Playing and showing only Kodi DB trailers, then second banner showing Coming soon and only new movie trailers.

Have you attempted to use CVURL file to play a trailer from youtube?

1 minute ago, Xp0z3d said:

My iTunes trailers have improved. And what you said in the end is exactly I would love to have. Start with a Banner saying Now Playing and showing only Kodi DB trailers, then second banner showing Coming soon and only new movie trailers.

Have you attempted to use CVURL file to play a trailer from youtube?

CVURL isn't ringing a bell offhand.  Was that in one of the settings somewhere?  When I first used CinemaVision trailers I got YouTube videos and they were often poor looking and in some skins (e.g. Isengard) it opened up some pop-up that said something like "loading youtube video" or something to that effect and it just completely brought me out of the whole "cinema" mood so I disabled YouTube videos and put iTunes first.  I also modified my Confluence skin to get rid of the "busy/working" indicators.  I actually just updated it to the 3.1 version of Confluence with 17.3 Krypton.  Estuary is awful, IMO.

CVURL files are a feature that's not heavily documented. It started as a way to allow folks with limited storage options to play videos in CinemaVision. Right now, there's only support for single videos when using a CVURL file. We plan to add playlist support during this round of development.

Really, all they are is a text file with a link to a supported streaming video site in it, and the extension is changed to .cvurl. Here's an example of what should be in a CVURL file if you want it to play the trailer for Murder on the Orient Express:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4m3yAoW8E

When you want to use that file in your Sequence, just add a Video Bumper Module and set it to Single File, and point it to your CVURL file.

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2017 at 11:52 PM, Ragnarok said:

CVURL files are a feature that's not heavily documented. It started as a way to allow folks with limited storage options to play videos in CinemaVision. Right now, there's only support for single videos when using a CVURL file. We plan to add playlist support during this round of development.

Really, all they are is a text file with a link to a supported streaming video site in it, and the extension is changed to .cvurl. Here's an example of what should be in a CVURL file if you want it to play the trailer for Murder on the Orient Express:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq4m3yAoW8E

When you want to use that file in your Sequence, just add a Video Bumper Module and set it to Single File, and point it to your CVURL file.

I tried putting a cvurl file in Trailers folder, then put trailers to play from that directory, but it did not play. Then I did was in sequence put it to play specific file in trailers folder, it still did not play. Thats why I asked in op what I am doing wrong?

Should I instead of adding it as a trailer, add it as a video sequence? In that case when I goto edit sequence and add video bumper, I can chose a single file, but then when pointing to that single file, only options of source are addon zip files. It does not give me option to select directory from my android device or external file sources.

Edited by Xp0z3d

13 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

I just tested this and while it did take a second for the trailer to buffer, it did work. Here's what I did:

1. Placed a CVURL file in the CinemaVision Trailers directory. (I used the file that I've attached here.)
  2. Edit the Trailers Module in the Sequence.
  3. Set Source to Content.
  4. Set Scrapers filter (scrapers) to CV Trailers Folder and disable the other scrapers.
  5. Press the C key on the keyboard to bring up the context menu.
  6. Choose Save to save the Sequence.
  7. Press the C key on the keyboard to bring up the context menu.
  8. Choose Add-on Settings to open the CinemaVision settings.
  9. Browse to the Content menu.
  10. Choose Update content.

Now it should work like a champ. There aren't any limits to how many CVURL files you can have, but make sure as you add more that you update content so CinemaVision catalogs them and uses them.

THE DARK TOWER - Official Trailer (HD).cvurl

I am trying again, but for some reasons now CV is not working. I can goto settings and change that but i can not edit sequences, and neither it runs. 

Cleared Kodi cache, restarted everything. Now CV working again. Next step test the file you gave me.

Edited by Xp0z3d

8 minutes ago, Xp0z3d said:

I am trying again, but for some reasons now CV is not working. I can goto settings and change that but i can not edit sequences, and neither it runs. 

Cleared Kodi cache, restarted everything. Now CV working again. Next step test the file you gave me.

Glad you got that resolved. I replied but my wireless flipped out and it never posted. :)

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Glad you got that resolved. I replied but my wireless flipped out and it never posted. :)

So finally got some luck with it. But I had to chose in sequence source to be file. I tried content but that did not work. So when I chose the source to be file then it played. Other settings were exactly as you posted. So is it possible to play more than one, because choosing file wont let me play more than 1 file. Choosing content, I had no dice.

1 minute ago, Xp0z3d said:

So finally got some luck with it. But I had to chose in sequence source to be file. I tried content but that did not work. So when I chose the source to be file then it played. Other settings were exactly as you posted. So is it possible to play more than one, because choosing file wont let me play more than 1 file. Choosing content, I had no dice.

In order to play more than one, you'll need to choose Content. Choosing file limits you to one trailer because currently, CVURLs are limited to one video per file. You'll also want to make sure you're patient and allow it time to process and buffer the video from YouTube. An option if you want to avoid buffering, download and store the actual video files in the Trailers directory instead of using CVURL files. I just tested Content working with two CVURL files and it did play both trailers once they buffered.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

In order to play more than one, you'll need to choose Content. Choosing file limits you to one trailer because currently, CVURLs are limited to one video per file. You'll also want to make sure you're patient and allow it time to process and buffer the video from YouTube. An option if you want to avoid buffering, download and store the actual video files in the Trailers directory instead of using CVURL files. I just tested Content working with two CVURL files and it did play both trailers once they buffered.

For some reason if i switch source to content, then it plays nothing. It just skips to next video bumper. No buffering etx. 

Also let me ask you, is it possible to have it set up to play a video bumper saying Now playing and then couple of trailers are setup to play Kodi DB trailers only. Then next video bumper says Coming soon and then play couple of iTunes trailers? Can that work in someway?

Edited by Xp0z3d

21 minutes ago, Xp0z3d said:

For some reason if i switch source to content, then it plays nothing. It just skips to next video bumper. No buffering etx. 

That sounds like CinemaVision doesn't know the video is there. Try doing a content update to scrape everything in. If that doesn't work, reset the CinemaVision content database by following these instructions:

1. Open the CinemaVision Add-on Settings.
  2. Browse to the Advanced menu.
  3. Choose Reset content database.
  4. Browse to the Content menu.
  5. Choose Update content.
22 minutes ago, Xp0z3d said:

Also let me ask you, is it possible to have it set up to play a video bumper saying Now playing and then couple of trailers are setup to play Kodi DB trailers only. Then next video bumper says Coming soon and then play couple of iTunes trailers? Can that work in someway?

Absolutely. That can be done by creating two different Trailer Modules in the same Sequence and then setting one of them to only use trailers from your Kodi DB, and set the other Trailer Module to only use trailers from iTunes. For the Now Playing/Coming Soon videos, just put Video Bumper Modules before each Trailer Module and choose the appropriate video file for what you want to say.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

That sounds like CinemaVision doesn't know the video is there. Try doing a content update to scrape everything in. If that doesn't work, reset the CinemaVision content database by following these instructions:

1. Open the CinemaVision Add-on Settings.
  2. Browse to the Advanced menu.
  3. Choose Reset content database.
  4. Browse to the Content menu.
  5. Choose Update content.

Absolutely. That can be done by creating two different Trailer Modules in the same Sequence and then setting one of them to only use trailers from your Kodi DB, and set the other Trailer Module to only use trailers from iTunes. For the Now Playing/Coming Soon videos, just put Video Bumper Modules before each Trailer Module and choose the appropriate video file for what you want to say.

So I made things work. I put regular trailer intro and then kodi db trailers, then second i put a feature intro bumper but it shows coming soon videos and then iTunes trailers play.

As per cvurl files are concerned, I finally managed to play them. Thank you so much for helping me in this. I love it so much. 

Just now, Xp0z3d said:

So I made things work. I put regular trailer intro and then kodi db trailers, then second i put a feature intro bumper but it shows coming soon videos and then iTunes trailers play.

As per cvurl files are concerned, I finally managed to play them. Thank you so much for helping me in this. I love it so much. 

You're very welcome, enjoy!

• Upvote 1