Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now
  • 0
lmatanic

Conditional Sequences Problem

Question

I'm trying out the new release 1.0.14a7 and I have Krypton 17.4.  I already had several different sequences that I'd created previously and I went in activated and added conditions to a few of them (including adding the 2D condition to the default sequence). Out of the five sequences (other than the default) that I added conditions to, only 1 is actually being triggered when I play a movie with the appropriate tag.  Two of the sequences should be triggered by a genre and three are supposed to be triggered by a tag.  I've rechecked the sequences and even tried deactivating one and creating a new sequence to be triggered by that tag.  I've also checked to make sure that the movies I'm playing actually have the appropriate tag or genre.  Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I've created three conditional sequences.  One for IMAX, one for Atmos and one for DTS:X.  All three use tags as conditions and I've verified that they are all working.  I also have a default with no conditions set that works when none of the other 3 conditions are met.  I can't speak to using genre as a condition, but are you using just one condition per sequence or are you using multiple?  The reason I ask is that you set your default to have a condition of 2D rather than no conditions like I did.  If so, are the movies meeting all the conditions of the sequence or is it missing one keeping the sequence from running where you're expecting it to?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Each of my sequences has only one condition so there shouldn't be any issue there. While typing this I tried removing the 2D condition from the default. That does make the sequences with tags as a condition work, but the genre ones still don't. I put the 2D condition in the default sequence because that's what Ragnarok said to do either in a post here or on the kodi forum when someone couldn't figure out how to set a default sequence. So if that causes an issue it should probably be reported as a bug. 

I'm glad to have the tag sequences working so thank you for that. Does anyone have it working for genres?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
10 hours ago, lmatanic said:

Each of my sequences has only one condition so there shouldn't be any issue there. While typing this I tried removing the 2D condition from the default. That does make the sequences with tags as a condition work, but the genre ones still don't. I put the 2D condition in the default sequence because that's what Ragnarok said to do either in a post here or on the kodi forum when someone couldn't figure out how to set a default sequence. So if that causes an issue it should probably be reported as a bug. 

I'm glad to have the tag sequences working so thank you for that. Does anyone have it working for genres?

It's working for genres as far as I'm aware, though we're currently working on improving that logic. Right now it does a "best match" for genres, which can get dicey when you're trying to trigger a SciFi Sequence but you also have one for Action, for example. Our idea is to allow users to set the priority of things like genre tags. What you're describing seems to go deeper than that, so if you would, post up a debug log for us to review. You may have found a bug. :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Okay I created the debug log and uploaded it to pastebin. It clearly shows that there is a sequence called Halloween with the condition of the genre being Horror and that the movie I chose had Horror as a genre. It also had a couple of other genres too (none that had a sequence though) so I tried it with a movie with only Horror as the genre with the same result.  I didn't do another debug log because it said the exact same thing just different movie info.

https://pastebin.com/GriaB62P

 

What about the fact that most of the tag condition sequences weren't working either until I removed 2D as a condition for the default sequence? That seems like a bug to me as well, especially for people who have 2D and 3D movies and want a different default for each.

Edited by lmatanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
13 hours ago, lmatanic said:

...especially for people who have 2D and 3D movies and want a different default for each.

As far as I know of, there's only one default.  I think it's odd that both 2D and 3D are options for a condition.  If the movie isn't 3D, then it's obviously 2D which I would think should be the default.  That's why I didn't bother specifying 2D in my conditional sequences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/10/2017 at 11:23 PM, Ragnarok said:

A fix for this bug should be in the latest development release. Would you mind testing it for me and let me know what you see?

 

Okay, I finally got around to testing this and yes it does seem to work for genres now. I haven't tested anything but genres and tags, but it definitely seems to be working for both.  I am curious about one thing though. I typically use CinemaVision for movie marathons, how does it deal with different movies meeting different conditions? Does it just go back to default or does it go by the first movie or what? So far I've only been testing things and haven't actually USED CinemaVision since the update.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, lmatanic said:

Okay, I finally got around to testing this and yes it does seem to work for genres now. I haven't tested anything but genres and tags, but it definitely seems to be working for both.  I am curious about one thing though. I typically use CinemaVision for movie marathons, how does it deal with different movies meeting different conditions? Does it just go back to default or does it go by the first movie or what? So far I've only been testing things and haven't actually USED CinemaVision since the update.

Right now, it will play the Sequence for your first feature presentation. That's a good idea for a setting, though, for those who want different Sequences for each movie in their queue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.