Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
Jens

Pop up Text on the screen isn´t visible in Cinemavision Action

Question

Hi, I have a little Problem.

I create a Sequence with a fixed break from 10 Min. in my long Movies.

The Movie is running for example 56 Min. then a text on the screen is showing for 5 sec.:" we´ll take a short break for 10 Min." Kodi Pause and the light goes on (Action Pause)

After 10 Min. the lights goes off (Action  Resume) and the Movie play again. This works perfekt but I don´t see the Message on the screen.

If I send the Message via Firefox Browser from my Laptop (while a Movie is playing) I can see the Text.

Here´s my: 10minbreak.cvaction

#56 Min. till Movie break
sleep:// 3360000

#Fade In: We´ll take a short break
http://192.168.188.21:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22GUI.ShowNotification%22,%22params%22:{%22title%22:%22Short%20Break!%22,%22message%22:%22We%20are%20back%20in%2010%20Minutes%22},%22id%22:1}

#Pause Kodi
http://192.168.188.21:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22Player.PlayPause%22,%22params%22:{%22playerid%22:1},%22id%22:1}

#10 Min. Break
sleep:// 600000

#Restart Kodi
http://192.168.188.21:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22Player.PlayPause%22,%22params%22:{%22playerid%22:1},%22id%22:1}

Kodi and Cinemavision running on an Odroid C2 with LibreELEC. I think this can be the Problem, but I think it´s possible to fix.;)

If there is a better way to show the Text or a pic on the screen you can tell me.

Please help me!

Edited by Jens

9 answers to this question

24 minutes ago, Jens said:

I would have exactly the same DialogNotification.xml but this doesn´t work.

If I send it without cinemavision everything is okay and works fine, but if I try it with running cinemavision nothing appears.

Alright, we'll try something new. I'd suggest reverting the changes to DialogNotification.xml.

Somewhere on the device you're using to run Kodi, create a file called unset_cv_running.py with these contents:

import xbmcgui

def main(*args):
    if len(args) < 1:
	val = ''
    else:
	val = args[0]

xbmcgui.Window(10000).setProperty('script.cinemavision.running', '')

In your Action file before the line you're using to display the on-screen message, add this:

module://<path_to_script>/unset_cv_running.py

Change <path_to_script> to the full path to your unset_cv_running.py file.

You'll want to disable notifications and the busy spinner again, so sometime after your message is displayed (in another Action, or wherever), add this:

module://<path_to_script>/unset_cv_running.py

Hopefully that does it.

17 hours ago, Jens said:

Hi, I have a little Problem.

I create a Sequence with a fixed break from 10 Min. in my long Movies.

The Movie is running for example 56 Min. then a text on the screen is showing for 5 sec.:" we´ll take a short break for 10 Min." Kodi Pause and the light goes on (Action Pause)

After 10 Min. the lights goes off (Action  Resume) and the Movie play again. This works perfekt but I don´t see the Message on the screen.

If I send the Message via Firefox Browser from my Laptop (while a Movie is playing) I can see the Text.

Here´s my: 10minbreak.cvaction

#56 Min. till Movie break
sleep:// 3360000

#Fade In: We´ll take a short break
http://192.168.188.21:8080/jsonrpc?request={%22jsonrpc%22:%222.0%22,%22method%22:%22GUI.ShowNotification%22,%22params%22:{%22title%22:%22Short%20Break!%22,%22message%22:%22We%20are%20back%20in%2010%20Minutes%22},%22id%22:1}

#Pause Kodi

#10 Min. Break
sleep:// 600000

#Restart Kodi

Kodi and Cinemavision running on an Odroid C2 with LibreELEC. I think this can be the Problem, but I think it´s possible to fix.;)

If there is a better way to show the Text or a pic on the screen you can tell me.

Please help me!

I don't think we've ever had anyone try to show a custom message via Kodi before. I'll reach out to our developer to see if there's a better way to do this.

Hey @Jens, I got word from our developer that this should absolutely work exactly as you have it. There might be something with the skin that you're using that hides the message being displayed. What skin are you using?

Same Problem with Skin Aeon Nox.

If I Play a Movie and Send the Text via the Browser the Text appear on the screen, but if I play cinemavision and send the text nothing happens.

Looks like that it is  not a skin problem

• Upvote 2

On 11/29/2017 at 6:04 AM, Jens said:

Same Problem with Skin Aeon Nox.

If I Play a Movie and Send the Text via the Browser the Text appear on the screen, but if I play cinemavision and send the text nothing happens.

Looks like that it is  not a skin problem

Our developer had some time to dive into this issue and it appears it's neither a skin issue or a Kodi issue. We think it's intentional. :) If you want to change it so that your skin allows messages to be displayed over video, here's how to do it.

Estuary
Edit the skins DialogNotification.xml, add the visible condition for CinemaVision under the Group control.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
    <zorder>3</zorder>
    <controls>
        <control type="group">
            <depth>DepthMax</depth>
            <top>85</top>
            <right>0</right>
            <width>640</width>
            <include>OpenClose_Right</include>
            <visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>
            <control type="image">
                <left>0</left>
                <top>0</top>
                <width>640</width>
                <height>160</height>
                <texture>dialogs/dialog-bg-nobo.png</texture>
                <bordertexture border="21">overlays/shadow.png</bordertexture>
                <bordersize>20</bordersize>
            </control>
            <control type="image" id="400">
                <description>avatar</description>
                <left>25</left>
                <top>25</top>
                <width>110</width>
                <height>110</height>
                <aspectratio>stretch</aspectratio>
            </control>
            <control type="fadelabel" id="401">
                <description>Line 1 Label</description>
                <left>150</left>
                <top>40</top>
                <width>450</width>
                <height>18</height>
                <font>font37</font>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
                <scrollout>false</scrollout>
                <pauseatend>2000</pauseatend>
            </control>
            <control type="textbox" id="402">
                <description>Line 2 Label</description>
                <left>151</left>
                <top>68</top>
                <width>450</width>
                <height>60</height>
                <font>font27_narrow</font>
                <aligny>center</aligny>
            </control>
        </control>
    </controls>
</window>

Aeon Nox
Edit the skins DialogNotification.xml, add the visible condition for CinemaVision under the Group control.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window>
	<coordinates>
		<left>560</left>
		<top>33</top>
		<origin x="880" y="33">String.IsEqual(Skin.AspectRatio,21:9)</origin>
	</coordinates>
	<include>DialogPopupAnimation</include>
	<controls>
		<control type="group">
			<visible>String.IsEmpty(Window(Home).Property(script.cinemavision.running))</visible>
			<control type="image">
				<description>background image</description>
				<width>800</width>
				<height>166</height>
				<texture border="20">dialogs/default/bg2.png</texture>
			</control>
			<control type="image" id="400">
				<description>avatar</description>
				<left>30</left>
				<top>34</top>
				<width>100</width>
				<height>100</height>
				<bordertexture border="1,1,2,1">thumbs/panel_border3.png</bordertexture>
				<bordersize>1,1,2,1</bordersize>
				<aspectratio>keep</aspectratio>
			</control>
			<control type="fadelabel" id="401">
				<description>Line 1 Label</description>
				<left>140</left>
				<top>34</top>
				<width>606</width>
				<height>50</height>
				<font>font15_title</font>
				<textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
				<textcolor>themecolor</textcolor>
			</control>
			<control type="fadelabel" id="402">
				<description>Line 2 Label</description>
				<left>140</left>
				<top>84</top>
				<width>606</width>
				<height>30</height>
				<font>font15</font>
				<textoffsetx>15</textoffsetx>
				<textcolor>grey2</textcolor>
			</control>
		</control>
	</controls>
</window>

That oughtta do it.

I would have exactly the same DialogNotification.xml but this doesn´t work.

If I send it without cinemavision everything is okay and works fine, but if I try it with running cinemavision nothing appears.

• Upvote 1