Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  
julianb

Audio Bumper Condition Script

Question

Hi, is it possible to make the Audio Bumper detections a condition? 

Like: If DTS-HD is detected run "script1" & if TrueHD is detected run "script2" etc?

I ask because I would like my Harmony Remote to change my receiver from DTS:NauralX to straight if the movie has Atmos, and back to DTS:NauralX if the movie have TrueHD or DTS-HD. 

Feel free to put this in the Request sections if this is not yet possible :)

Edited by julianb
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

I don't see why not.  Just setup the conditions for DTS-HD & TrueHD and reference your cvaction file for each.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

If you're on a Windows box I'll do you one better. In Kodi, open Settings, Audio. In the Audio Decoder section set Audio output device to WASAPI: <AVR_Name>, scroll down to the Audio Passthrough section and Enable Allow passthrough along with all of the audio codecs that your AVR can push. If you enable TrueHD and your AVR can decode Atmos, it should change everything on the AVR automatically.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 5:15 PM, Ragnarok said:

If you're on a Windows box I'll do you one better. In Kodi, open Settings, Audio. In the Audio Decoder section set Audio output device to WASAPI: <AVR_Name>, scroll down to the Audio Passthrough section and Enable Allow passthrough along with all of the audio codecs that your AVR can push. If you enable TrueHD and your AVR can decode Atmos, it should change everything on the AVR automatically.

He's only wanting Atmos throughput if it's Atmos.  All others he's wanting to override to Neural:X.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 2/20/2018 at 5:44 PM, OTA said:

He's only wanting Atmos throughput if it's Atmos.  All others he's wanting to override to Neural:X.

Fair point. @julianb, as far as the Harmony is concerned, they do have an API that may do what you want. It looks like you'll have to register to use it. Your AVR may also have one if it's network capable.

Harmony API WebsiteHarmony API Documentation

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 6.2.2018 at 11:00 PM, OTA said:

I don't see why not.  Just setup the conditions for DTS-HD & TrueHD and reference your cvaction file for each.

Okay, so it is possible to make a codition for a cvaction? That would make things a lot more flexible! But how do I do it? 

Will this make it possible to play trailer X when movie X is the conition, and use cvaction X when atmos is detected? 

I can't find any options that state I can make audioformat as a condition?

Thanks!

IMG_20180301_112700.jpg

Edited by julianb
added more info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 23.2.2018 at 10:14 PM, Ragnarok said:

Fair point. @julianb, as far as the Harmony is concerned, they do have an API that may do what you want. It looks like you'll have to register to use it. Your AVR may also have one if it's network capable.

Harmony API WebsiteHarmony API Documentation

Thanks, I will take look. But how can I make a cvaction that only run by audioformat condition? or is it possible with sequence condition?

Edited by julianb
added question

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Unless something has changed, I don't think Kodi is capable of detecting Atmos and DTS:X tracks automatically.  I have three conditional sequences in my setup.  One for IMAX, one for Atmos and one for DTS:X.  All three use tags as conditions.  My conditions change the bumpers, but I don't see why the same couldn't be used to call a cvaction file.  I also have a default with no conditions set that works when none of the other 3 conditions are met.

I would think you could set your default to Neural:X and use tags for your Atmos movies to change it on your receiver.  You should write your cvaction files first and confirm they work, then you can reference them in your sequences.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 5.3.2018 at 4:41 PM, OTA said:

Unless something has changed, I don't think Kodi is capable of detecting Atmos and DTS:X tracks automatically.  I have three conditional sequences in my setup.  One for IMAX, one for Atmos and one for DTS:X.  All three use tags as conditions.  My conditions change the bumpers, but I don't see why the same couldn't be used to call a cvaction file.  I also have a default with no conditions set that works when none of the other 3 conditions are met.

I would think you could set your default to Neural:X and use tags for your Atmos movies to change it on your receiver.  You should write your cvaction files first and confirm they work, then you can reference them in your sequences.

Okay, thank you. Right now Cinema Vision is using the file name of my movies to detect if it's atmos or dts:X. It works perfectly to play the audio bumpers. Would be nice if there was a condition that did the same, detected a "keyword" from the filename. Anyway, so the best way will be to tag all my Atmos and DTS:X movies, and use that tag in an condition that have the cvaction?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 2:13 AM, julianb said:

Anyway, so the best way will be to tag all my Atmos and DTS:X movies, and use that tag in an condition that have the cvaction?

I'm not sure if it's the "best" way, but it's the method I use and the only way I can think of in order to run an action file against a specific audio type.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Answer this question...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.