Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
Sign in to follow this  
skank

First automation , need help

Question

Hi,

I just bought my first hue starter kit.

I want to use it with kodi.
Can anyone help me how to start?

I have 2 groups of bulbs, each containing 2 lamps
I want to be able to use it with cinemavision, but it should also work without cinemavision if i press play, pause and stop of a movie

Do i need to have the kodi hue addon or not?

Thx in advance! (dont have the hue yet, its on its way, but i thought i  could already ask so i can get going right away :)

6 answers to this question

19 hours ago, skank said:

I just bought my first hue starter kit.

I want to use it with kodi.
Can anyone help me how to start?

Here is a link to the Hue Guide:

Hopefully this will help get you started.  Post back if you have further questions.

Will this also work when i start pause or stop a movie when watching without cinemavision too?

cause i want both :)

They could interfere, depending on what you set them to do.  CinemaVision won't work if you aren't using it, so the Hue add-on is your best bet if you want it to work the same whether you are using CinemaVision or not.

I don't use Hue lights, so I can't give you specific help.  But here is a little info on how I have my system set up.  I have an action that runs just before my trailers start playing that dims the lights over a 5 minute span.  The lights should be typically out before the main feature starts.  If I had the Hue addon set up and had it turn off the lights when the main feature started it wouldn't need to do anything because the lights were already off.  But if I didn't use CinemaVision it would then turn off the lights at the start of the movie. So it really depends on what exactly you want your system to do.

Yeah well when i pause , lights would go on again, with cinemavision but also without

same when movie stops, so i predict problems there :-/

i cant be the only one wanting this