Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
ELPTheater

Kodi Leia 18.1 with 1.1.1a8 Error

Question

So throwing this out there in case there is some simple fix. Here is the error that is preventing CV 1.1.1a8 from running with the latest Kodi 18.1 -- from my log:

2019-03-06 11:03:12.846 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Version: 1.1.1a8
2019-03-06 11:03:13.732 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API): Rating Systems:
2019-03-06 11:03:13.732 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   MPAA: [G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17, NR]
2019-03-06 11:03:13.732 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   FSK: [18, 16, 12, 6, 0]
2019-03-06 11:03:13.732 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   DEJUS: [18 Anos, 16 Anos, 14 Anos, 12 Anos, 10 Anos, Livre]
2019-03-06 11:03:13.732 T:59608  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -] (API):   BBFC: [R18, 18, 15, 12, 12A, PG, U, Uc]
2019-03-06 11:03:13.935 T:34620   ERROR: Control 201 in window 13001 has been asked to focus, but it can't

At that point, it just stops. An ESC will get you out - but it just hangs there with a black screen.

This is Kodi Leia 18.1 64bit with Cinemavision 1.1.1a8 running on Windows 10 (although the same behavior can be observed on Firestick, FireTV and a Shield - I haven't looked, but assuming the same error.

• Like 1

23 answers to this question

This is by no means “official” word - but given the lack of interactivity - time is likely running out for this website. I’ve already downloaded all existing files and I also copy and pasted all of the more advanced guides to have for reference.

For those trying to get CinemaVision going - I can share my experience:

On my Shield, I turned off the auto-update on the Google Play store. Installed the final release Kodi 18.0 from the Github repository. Installed the last beta release from this website that gave it 18.0 compatibility. I run the default Kodi skin that comes with the software, so I can’t speak to other skins.

I also discovered that several of the streaming music playlists (for music during trivia) are no longer working. So if you pick a non-functioning stream - Kodi will just hang at that point. For what it’s worth - the LINN channels seem to still function. Or you could point to your own files.

Everything else works well. I’m even using it with the Philips Hue actions for lighting automation. So even though the project is “dead” - it’s still useable.

Hopefully either the developer will return or another developer will take over. In the meantime, I’m still getting what I consider to be my “money’s worth” out of the only decent Cinema add-on to be developed for Kodi.

Yah I have a shield and tried this latest CV... hangs on black screen, looks like CV developers have taken a long break, guess I will look into downgrading kodi. 

Got this working great again finally by downgrading kodi to 18.0. This build in particular for android nvidia shield -

'kodi-18.0-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk'

Just uninstall your current Kodi, then place the apk in downloads folder on your device, then use ES file manager to install it. 

7 hours ago, drewjbx said:

Got this working great again finally by downgrading kodi to 18.0. This build in particular for android nvidia shield -

'kodi-18.0-Leia-armeabi-v7a.apk'

Just uninstall your current Kodi, then place the apk in downloads folder on your device, then use ES file manager to install it. 

That is the 32 bit version of Kodi. The Shield is capable of running the 64 bit version, which would be 'kodi-18.0-Leia-arm64-v8a.apk'.

Edited by OtisPresley

Excellent - I'm going to read back through the fixes to 18.1 and make sure there isn't anything major there and give it a try.

Thanks for the info Otis!

• Upvote 1

Until a working version is made available, you can manually create a playlist to mimic a CinemaVision trailer and video bumper sequence. I've been downloading movie trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net and place them in a folder. I queue the folder, then add a short THX Eclipse bumper from https://www.demo-world.eu followed by a personalised home theater intro to the queue, then the movie.

Notes:

1. If you have "Adjust Display Refresh Rate" enabled (On start / stop) then all videos in the queued playlist should be 23.976 fps so that there are no delays between videos of different frame rates (especially for projectors). All movie trailers are at 23.976 fps but I had to use Handbrake to re-encode the THX bumper and my HT intro bumper (they were both 24.0 fps instead of 23.976).  It's also a good idea to enable the "Delay After Change Of Refresh Rate" in the System > Display settings to match the time you'll need for your display device to catch up with the beginning of the first movie trailer.

2. I use the Rapier skin, which can hide the on screen seek bar in between videos (System > Skin > Configure Skin > Media > Hide Seek Bar OSD During Fullscreen Playback).

3. To hide the Busy dialog during fullscreen video playback, manually replace line 12 in DialogBusy.xml with:

<visible>!Window.IsVisible(fullscreenvideo)</visible>

Note -- If the skin receives an update, this could get overwritten so I've disabled automatic updates for the skin and will manually update when needed to know I may need to manually update the DialogBusy.xml again.

4. I have Philips Hue lighting and relied on action files to control the lights. This now has to be done manually. You can create scenes in any hue app (I have one for Normal Lighting and one for Trailers, then of course one to turn off the lights as the movie begins). The official Philips Hue app doesn't allow me to adjust the transition time (I like a 5-second transition between each scene) so I had to find another app.

I miss the movie trivia and I'd like to have a one or two second gap in between the videos on the playlist, but until we have CinemaVision working again, it's the next best thing.

Edited by MidnightWatcher

On 4/26/2019 at 11:06 PM, MidnightWatcher said:

I queue the folder, then add a short THX Eclipse bumper from https://www.demo-world.eu followed by a personalised home theater intro to the queue, then the movie.

Hi, how do you queue a folder in Cinemavision? If this doesn't work, I may have to start looking into using Emby with their 'cinema' features

Right now I'm not using CinemaVision at all since it isn't working. I'm queuing the folder manually by navigating to the Trailers folder (I have the CinemaVision folders saved as a Favorite), then bringing up the context menu and then selecting Queue Item. I then queue the THX Eclipse bumper and my home theater intro, followed by the feature film. Once I have the playlist ready, I'll navigate to the current playlist and play from the top. It plays through each video in sequence. 

I've given up and moved on. Kodi 18 brings a lot of features I've been waiting for, including bluray menu management and some better support for my high-end sound system. So I don't have an interest in going backwards. Nor do I want to take the time to do this all manually. Besides, even if you were to do it with the queue list, you still lose out on the trivia and the trailers, which I suppose you could emulate, but that would require a lot of set up every time you have someone over to watch a movie. Having the trivia, the trailers, etc. is what, at least for me, made it a true "cinema" experience - and once it was set up, it was almost like magic. Everyone I ever showed it to was highly impressed.

I'll keep an occasional eye here to see if this magically revives at some point, but I've already uninstalled it from my Shield.

Really too bad - was the closest to the real thing...

Could we consider setting up a go fund me page to hire a developer to just make this code compliant for Kodi v18.2? I think any Python developer should be able to analyze the code and fix it for Kodi. Perhaps we can persuade one of the Kodi developers/contributors to do this for the right amount. It's not that they really have to add extra functionality to the addon, just to debug some issues. Since the code for Cinemavision is relatively small, I'm thinking that the fix might only take 3-4 days. Let's say that we compensate the developer for $30 per hour (just throwing a number), then that would equate to $960 based on a 8 hour workday. If everyone is donating $5, then we need a 192 people to get this out of the way or wait a bit until we have enough money raised.

That's why I'm thinking that we need to find another developer that is more motivated and communicative to make the fix. I don't think we necessarily need the developer that initially created the addon. The Python code is nothing unique. I think any experienced Python developer can understand what has happened, but we just need one that fixes one thing for us. It would help though if the person understands the Kodi platform.

So here's a potentially interesting update - was surfing around seeing if there was any kind of alternative to CinemaVision and came across this recent Reddit posting from a user named "Team-Kodi" who claims that although the original developer is busy they are seeking a new developer. Anyone have an info on that at all? It may be be bogus, not sure. Here's the posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/b4830q/alternative_to_cinemavision/

5 minutes ago, ELPTheater said:

So here's a potentially interesting update - was surfing around seeing if there was any kind of alternative to CinemaVision and came across this recent Reddit posting from a user named "Team-Kodi" who claims that although the original developer is busy they are seeking a new developer. Anyone have an info on that at all? It may be be bogus, not sure. Here's the posting: https://www.reddit.com/r/kodi/comments/b4830q/alternative_to_cinemavision/

Intriguing, but it's somewhat weird that this new Kodi developer or the Kodi team never posted anything on this site so far. Of course I hope it's true and in that case an ETA would be very much appreciated.

53 minutes ago, Fisherman456 said:

Intriguing, but it's somewhat weird that this new Kodi developer or the Kodi team never posted anything on this site so far. Of course I hope it's true and in that case an ETA would be very much appreciated.

May not have anything to do with the original developer or this site. That's why I brought the reddit post here in case anyone else was interested. We will see. I don't have any idea if "Team-Kodi" is official in any capacity or not - but at least it's the first indication that I've seen that someone was interested in doing something!