Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now
  • 4
rdsp

[Guide] Fix CV for Kodi 18.1+

Question

UPDATE

Download CinemaVision 1.1.1a10 which already contains a more comprehensive fix for this issue.

If this isn't working for you, please post your Logs which are very helpful in trying to figure out what other problems exist.

Spoiler

Before you start.

This fix involves changing code. Don't worry, its very simple and you don't need to know how to code.

It's been tested on Kodi 18.3 running on Windows 10 and OSMC on a Vero 4k. It should work everywhere though.

It is not a guaranteed fix. I have tested sequences with Actions, Trailers, Video Bumpers and Audio Format Bumpers and these are working.

 

So,

1. First  make sure you have the development version of CinemaVision 1.1.1a8 installed. If not, download from here and install.

2. Find your addons folder within kodi. This will change depending on what OS you have. This link should help you find kodi's main directory.

3. Go to addons/script.cinemavision/lib 

4. If you have any files with the extension .pyo  inside this folder, delete them. Don't worry, these are not important.

5. Now open experience.py 

- To make your life easier, consider installing something like Notepad++ or Sublime3 to edit this file.

- At this point you can backup this file to somewhere else, though the change is insignificant and should break nothing. You can also reinstall the addon which will revert back any changes.

6. Go to line 882 and delete it. That's it. Do not comment the line as kodi will create those .pyo files again which may break this fix.

This should be the line of code you have just deleted.


self.playlist.add(self.fakeFileNext)

 

Now check your code against this one to make sure you've done it correctly


def playVideos(self, videos, features=None):
        self.playlist.clear()
        rpc.Playlist.Clear(playlistid=xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO)

        volume = (features or videos)[0].volume
        if volume != 100:
            self.volume.set(volume, relative=True)

        self.playlist.add(self.fakeFilePrev)
        if features:
            for feature in features:
                self.addFeatureToPlaylist(feature)
        else:
            for video in videos:
                pli = self.getPathAndListItemFromVideo(video)
                self.playlist.add(*pli)

        self.videoPreDelay()
        rpc.Player.Open(item={'playlistid': xbmc.PLAYLIST_VIDEO, 'position': 1}, options={'shuffled': False, 'resume': False, 'repeat': 'off'})
        xbmc.sleep(100)
        while not xbmc.getCondVisibility('VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen') and not xbmc.abortRequested and not self.abortFlag.isSet() and self.isPlaying():
            xbmc.executebuiltin('ActivateWindow(fullscreenvideo)')
            xbmc.sleep(100)
        self.hasFullscreened = True
        DEBUG_LOG('VIDEO HAS GONE FULLSCREEN')

7. Save the file overwriting the existing one. If you can't, make sure to save it with the same name and extension and then replace it.

8. Enable debugging in CinemaVision Advanced Settings

 

Restarting your system after these changes is recommended but not necessary.

If you've done everything correctly in this order it should work.

 

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Are we still needing to delete the .pyo files and modify experience.py with release 1.1.1a12?  I've finally got some time and uninstalled the original and installed the updated 1.1.1a12.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Confirmed latest is working for me on Windows 10 and 18.4

However trailers are not. The trailers sequence ALWAYS play the same videos every time. I’m using the same sequence that I used in KODI 17. I have the sequence setup to randomly play 1 trailer from the CV content folder, 2 from the KODI DB, and 3 from the iTunes library. Every time tho it skips playing anything from the CV folder, then plays the same trailer from the KODI DB twice, then does randomly play 3 videos from iTunes. So the trailer portion is not working as it did.

Could someone confirm if this trailer setup works for them?

thanks

Edited by leejk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/26/2019 at 10:09 PM, OTA said:

Are we still needing to delete the .pyo files and modify experience.py with release 1.1.1a12?  I've finally got some time and uninstalled the original and installed the updated 1.1.1a12.

No, at this moment you just have to install CV as a regular addon.

 

On 10/27/2019 at 3:10 AM, leejk said:

Confirmed latest is working for me on Windows 10 and 18.4

However trailers are not. The trailers sequence ALWAYS play the same videos every time. I’m using the same sequence that I used in KODI 17. I have the sequence setup to randomly play 1 trailer from the CV content folder, 2 from the KODI DB, and 3 from the iTunes library. Every time tho it skips playing anything from the CV folder, then plays the same trailer from the KODI DB twice, then does randomly play 3 videos from iTunes. So the trailer portion is not working as it did.

Could someone confirm if this trailer setup works for them?

thanks

Do you have match feature genre enabled?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, rdsp said:

No, at this moment you just have to install CV as a regular addon.

That's what I was thinking as it seems to be working out of the box.  Thanks so much for your dedication and assistance in getting his back up and going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 10/28/2019 at 10:48 AM, rdsp said:

No, at this moment you just have to install CV as a regular addon.

 

Do you have match feature genre enabled?

Yes, I do. Is that an issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, leejk said:

Yes, I do. Is that an issue?

If you don't have or CV doesn't recognise trailers that match your movie genre it will actually skip playing them.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
21 hours ago, rdsp said:

If you don't have or CV doesn't recognise trailers that match your movie genre it will actually skip playing them.

Ok I tracked down the issue. It was the PlexKodiConnect addon preventing KODI trailers from being picked up by CV.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Hey RDSP -- I'm a bad community member - kind of left this whole upgrade thing set aside because my system was working well and I was kinda nervous to screw it all up and have to try to figure out how to go back.

Short story: IT COULDN'T HAVE WORKED BETTER!!! Congrats, sir. You've really nailed this!

Here is my situation in case it applies to anyone else. I'm working on a NVidia Shield TV - 2018 (I think? - It's not the newest, newest, but one step up from the original if I remember correctly.)

1. I had Kodi 18.1 with the original 1.1.1a8 from Ragnorak - and it was working flawlessly - including some really complicated lighting automation as well. I had shut off the Google Store auto-update to keep it safe.

2. Last weekend I decided to bite the bullet - went into the app settings for Kodi and chose to update - the system installed v18.4 from the Google Play Store over the top of my Kodi 18.1 and left CV 1.1.1a8 in place.

3. I downloaded CV 1.1.1a12 - and did an install from ZIP -- overwriting the old version (in other words, I never uninstalled anything - neither Kodi nor CV.) I also didn't reload anything else. Left my original sequences in place.

4. Went to a movie and selected the CV button and held my breath. PERFECTION!

Every module played and worked EXACTLY as it should. No hiccups, no black screens, no issues.

Sorry for being late in getting back to you - but congratulations all the same. You've brought our beloved CV back to life! And I for one couldn't be more appreciative!

Cheers!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

It's great to know it's working out of the box again! @ELPTheater It's not all my doing but it's awesome to see the community cares so much about this add-on. That's what hopefully will keep it alive. Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/8/2019 at 10:08 AM, ELPTheater said:

Hey RDSP -- I'm a bad community member - kind of left this whole upgrade thing set aside because my system was working well and I was kinda nervous to screw it all up and have to try to figure out how to go back.

Short story: IT COULDN'T HAVE WORKED BETTER!!! Congrats, sir. You've really nailed this!

Here is my situation in case it applies to anyone else. I'm working on a NVidia Shield TV - 2018 (I think? - It's not the newest, newest, but one step up from the original if I remember correctly.)

1. I had Kodi 18.1 with the original 1.1.1a8 from Ragnorak - and it was working flawlessly - including some really complicated lighting automation as well. I had shut off the Google Store auto-update to keep it safe.

2. Last weekend I decided to bite the bullet - went into the app settings for Kodi and chose to update - the system installed v18.4 from the Google Play Store over the top of my Kodi 18.1 and left CV 1.1.1a8 in place.

3. I downloaded CV 1.1.1a12 - and did an install from ZIP -- overwriting the old version (in other words, I never uninstalled anything - neither Kodi nor CV.) I also didn't reload anything else. Left my original sequences in place.

4. Went to a movie and selected the CV button and held my breath. PERFECTION!

Every module played and worked EXACTLY as it should. No hiccups, no black screens, no issues.

Sorry for being late in getting back to you - but congratulations all the same. You've brought our beloved CV back to life! And I for one couldn't be more appreciative!

Cheers!

Which version of Android are you using on your Nvidia Shield might I ask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, dyhometheaterguy said:

Which version of Android are you using on your Nvidia Shield might I ask?

Whatever is included in the NVidia Shield experience updates. I’m running the latest. I believe it’s “9.0 Pie” if that helps. 

Edited by ELPTheater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

first off thanks for getting this to work again!!!!

now i am having some issues. I am running nvidia shield 2017

Trivia slides have no transition/fade. otherwise that works fine and is a minor issue.

itunes trailer buffer like crazy and I have very fast internet. Anyway to fix?

switched to tmdb trailers instead these dont buffer but very often a trailer starts playing all I get is audio and black screen for a few seconds and then CV crashes. this is a major issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 11/14/2019 at 7:21 AM, Sledge said:

first off thanks for getting this to work again!!!!

now i am having some issues. I am running nvidia shield 2017

Trivia slides have no transition/fade. otherwise that works fine and is a minor issue.

itunes trailer buffer like crazy and I have very fast internet. Anyway to fix?

switched to tmdb trailers instead these dont buffer but very often a trailer starts playing all I get is audio and black screen for a few seconds and then CV crashes. this is a major issue

I've never been able to use itunes trailers myself because of the buffering. Can you enable debugging in CV settings, play a movie with it and post the log?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

seems so.

it is important to not this doesnt happen on every video just randomly

maybe my youtube is not setup right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 hours ago, Sledge said:

seems so.

it is important to not this doesnt happen on every video just randomly

maybe my youtube is not setup right?

CV uses the youtube addon to play tmdb trailers. It sometimes wont play videos, don't know if its because the configuration or the addon itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.