Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now

Recommended Posts

The Cinema Experience add-on has an option to download the trailer when it starts and it plays the trailer from the local copy. Could you add this to the CinemaVision add-on? I have relatively slow internet and can't stream 720p trailers. This feature works perfectly for me in the CE addon.

BTW, the way you've implemented the sequence configuration is great. I'm looking forward to the final release.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like streaming trailers. download is also a big plus. issue is for some reason apple trailers always decides to crap out for me. was working fine for weeks now suddenly they take forever to buffer. even a download option wouldn't help with how slow they are. not sure if this is ISP or just apple servers. everything else steam fine. can we d trailes from different source than itunes? or create some sort of trailer cache? i dont know and ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2015, 12:59:57, Sledge said:

I like streaming trailers. download is also a big plus. issue is for some reason apple trailers always decides to crap out for me. was working fine for weeks now suddenly they take forever to buffer. even a download option wouldn't help with how slow they are. not sure if this is ISP or just apple servers. everything else steam fine. can we d trailes from different source than itunes? or create some sort of trailer cache? i dont know and ideas?

We'd briefly kicked around an idea for a trailers manager dialog that would allow people to select specific trailers to play, and allow them to download those trailers from their source to local folders either in the background or queuing it up and doing it overnight or something. We also have plans to explore adding 3 or 4 more sources. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to see the option to get trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net/.  They seem to have a good selection of trailers that go with my older movies and are better quality then the YouTube ones.  I would also like to see the option that when the trailers are downloaded they can be added to the movie folder they belong to if that movie exists on the hard drive, if not then download to a fallback trailers folder.  You might be able to use this addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148400&page=6 or this one http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=185558 but it looks like they haven't been worked on in a few years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2015, 11:22:52, block134 said:

I would like to see the option to get trailers from http://www.hd-trailers.net/.  They seem to have a good selection of trailers that go with my older movies and are better quality then the YouTube ones.  I would also like to see the option that when the trailers are downloaded they can be added to the movie folder they belong to if that movie exists on the hard drive, if not then download to a fallback trailers folder.  You might be able to use this addon http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=148400&page=6 or this one http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=185558 but it looks like they haven't been worked on in a few years.

That site, and a few others we've found are on the list! We'll likely write it from the ground up, because it needs to scrape into the CinemaVision database. We actually already have the ability to get trailers from a bunch of sources, and just need to write the scrapers for them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Wednesday, September 16, 2015 at 3:53 PM, Ragnarok said:

It's coming, but it's going to take some development. That said, it'll probably be one of the first things we do in round two of development.

Regarding streaming trailers being able to be stored.... how's that going?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2015 at 2:27 PM, TiredDad said:

Regarding streaming trailers being able to be stored.... how's that going?

We have a foundation laid out, but have not begun to develop a version that includes it yet. I'd bet we can knock it out pretty quickly. The current plan is to start to download trailers in the background while other modules are running (like Video Bumpers and Trivia), and then dump all downloaded trailers in the %CVROOT%\Trailers directory. Have any suggestions for what we should do differently? We could potentially download the trailers during a content update, but it would increase the update time exponentially each time a new trailer was released.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

We have a foundation laid out, but have not begun to develop a version that includes it yet. I'd bet we can knock it out pretty quickly. The current plan is to start to download trailers in the background while other modules are running (like Video Bumpers and Trivia), and then dump all downloaded trailers in the %CVROOT%\Trailers directory. Have any suggestions for what we should do differently? We could potentially download the trailers during a content update, but it would increase the update time exponentially each time a new trailer was released.

The program Metabrowser hits Apple's web site on a schedule you set and then downloads any trailers newer than that date, based on the resolution you set.  It's mostly successful, but it has its quirks too.  I'm not a programmer but I am thinking if you can stream 1, 2, or an arbitrary number of trailers from Aple in the CV settings, then it may be possible to save that stream.  I know if the Apple trailer is at site (for example):

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/alvinandthechipmunkstheroadchip/

then the default trailers is usually located at:

http://movietrailers.apple.com/movies/fox/alvinandthechipmunkstheroadchip/alvinandthechipmunksroadchip-tlr1_h1080p.mov

The URL pattern seems to be http:// movietrailers . apple . com / movies / studio / titleruntogether / titleruntogether - tlr1 (or 2) _ h1080p (or a720p) . mov

Not sure how helpful that is, but it gives a start in where to look for movies.  If the film is independent, then the word "studio" is replaced with "independent" in the URL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I last commented on this thread about 2 years ago, I think using itunes trailers is fine but.... even when i have it set for 720p I do get some buffering at times. Any news on downloading trailers? I know cinema experience used to download the trailers during the trivia. this worked great and would love to see this added to cinema vision already!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Sledge said:

Since I last commented on this thread about 2 years ago, I think using itunes trailers is fine but.... even when i have it set for 720p I do get some buffering at times. Any news on downloading trailers? I know cinema experience used to download the trailers during the trivia. this worked great and would love to see this added to cinema vision already!!!

This feature is next on our list now that we have Conditional Sequences and the CinemaVision Service Add-on working. It shouldn't be too long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/15/2017 at 12:40 AM, Sledge said:

AWESOME!!!!

what exactly does the CinemaVision Service Add-on do?

Right now, all the CinemaVision Service Add-on can do is run content updates in the background without any interaction from you. We're working on adding all kinds of features to it, like the ability to make CinemaVision your default when you play content, scheduling the start of your Sequences, and more.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.