Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
ark216

Cinemavision no longer working on v 18.9 Leia properly

Hello everyone, I having a hard time to getting CinemaVision add-on to work on Kodi v 18.9. Previously it was working absolutely fine until my Kodi got automatically upgraded to v 19.0. I downgraded it to v 18.9 and now CV is not working for me anymore. When I play my previous sequence or even create a new one to play,all I get is a black screen. Have absolutely got no clue as to why.

Your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Did you get the version you reinstalled from here or the official Kodi Repo.  I had trouble with the one in the official Kodi repo, so you might want to try the latest one from here.  I'm afraid I don't have the link handy, but you should be able to find it searching the forums.

19 hours ago, OTA said:

Can you post a log?

How do you generate a log? A tutorial please. I use Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV

7 hours ago, bullwinkl said:

Did you get the version you reinstalled from here or the official Kodi Repo.  I had trouble with the one in the official Kodi repo, so you might want to try the latest one from here.  I'm afraid I don't have the link handy, but you should be able to find it searching the forums.

I got the one from the official repository. Can you provide the link to the one you are referring to? I use Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV.

Edited by ark216

On 3/6/2021 at 7:08 AM, bullwinkl said:

I googled I found one in the repository. Didn't work for me. Any clues?

On 3/6/2021 at 3:11 AM, ark216 said:

How do you generate a log? A tutorial please. I use Kodi on Nvidia Shield TV

Using CinemaVision Pastebin Log Uploader

1. Close and reopen Kodi
  2. Open the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration
  3. Scroll down to Advanced
  4. Enable Debug logging
  5. Reproduce the issue you're having, or the error you're receiving
  6. After the error occurs, open the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration
  7. Scroll down to Advanced
  8. Select Paste my kodi.log to pastebin
  9. Input your Pastebin account information if you have one (this makes it easy to keep track of your pasted logs)
  10. Paste the website address of your log along with a detailed description of your issue and steps to recreate it.
  • Upvote 1

Can you format you box back to factory then install 18.9 ?? Most times when you uninstall it leaves system settings behind that if you dont format you have to hunt down to delete 

19 hours ago, bullwinkl said:

Try the version you can download from here.

Thanks will check this build and let you know.

17 hours ago, OTA said:

Using CinemaVision Pastebin Log Uploader

1. Close and reopen Kodi
  2. Open the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration
  3. Scroll down to Advanced
  4. Enable Debug logging
  5. Reproduce the issue you're having, or the error you're receiving
  6. After the error occurs, open the CinemaVision Add-on Configuration
  7. Scroll down to Advanced
  8. Select Paste my kodi.log to pastebin
  9. Input your Pastebin account information if you have one (this makes it easy to keep track of your pasted logs)
  10. Paste the website address of your log along with a detailed description of your issue and steps to recreate it.

Will try this if the build from the link you posted won't work.

@bullwinkl I am happy to report that CV is working now! Albeit my old sequences aren't which is weird. The main culprit was the Cinemavision build. The one you shared in the link above is the proper one.

• Like 1

Im having a weird issue hopefully someone has experienced and can fix.  I am running 18.5 and cant get CV to play any trailers after the trivia, it just black screens.  I have a very simple setup, trivia, 2 upcoming trailers, 4 individually ordered sound test and the the feature.  If I disable trivia the whole thing plays perfectly, if I dont it dies after trivia no matter where it is.  Im running version 1.1.1.10a  Any Thought?

Edited by SlottedPig

8 hours ago, SlottedPig said:

Im having a weird issue hopefully someone has experienced and can fix.  I am running 18.5 and cant get CV to play any trailers after the trivia, it just black screens.  I have a very simple setup, trivia, 2 upcoming trailers, 4 individually ordered sound test and the the feature.  If I disable trivia the whole thing plays perfectly, if I dont it dies after trivia no matter where it is.  Im running version 1.1.1.10a  Any Thought?

I don't use trivia in my CV sequence hence I can't comment. Use the version posted above and give it a try.

No what’s happening is that randomly the script will black screen and the log says aborted.  I was able to get everything working with trivia etc however randomly it does this black screen. I can run it again without changing anything and it will work.  Any thoughts?

On 3/13/2021 at 1:38 AM, SlottedPig said:

No what’s happening is that randomly the script will black screen and the log says aborted.  I was able to get everything working with trivia etc however randomly it does this black screen. I can run it again without changing anything and it will work.  Any thoughts?

I would try the CinemaVision version listed in the linked topic and see if a12 fixes your issue.

Try refreshing your content folder ..If its random sounds like you have a bad bumper or maybe a renamed file or folder .. If content is changed or not there it will blank screen and freeze  

Ok so a quick update, I was able to get everything to work perfectly using 18.5 but I had to manually install 1.1.1.a10 first and then install the official repository version on top of it and replace it.  This works flawlessly every single time.  I’m going to try the a12 with 18.9 that someone graciously linked for me above because I couldn’t find it the download link anywhere.   A12 is newer then the offices repository version correct?