Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
Matt

Current Cinemavision Status

This isn't new information.  I'm just trying to provide a better way for people to see the status without scrolling through a random thread.

Cinemavision has been translated to Python3, including some dependencies.  Many of the addons that CV uses have been updated.  Testing will begin after this is complete.  After our internal testing, a beta version will be provided for anyone that wants to help test it.

View full record

• Like 11
  • Upvote 2

We've been busy working on updates the last few weeks. And by we, I mostly mean @DexDeadly.  Dex has been a moderator here for a long time and recently joined the development team.  He is directly responsible for all of the new code that you'll see demonstrated in the following screen capture.  All CinemaVision supporters are really lucky to have him leading this development push. 

The video does a good job of showing what works. CV is now working in 19 for the majority of the base functionality, but there are still several big issues that we are working through.  You can load up any video and they should play properly. The first area that doesn't work is the trivia module. The second is the random video scraper. You can only select trailers manually at this point. We also have some issues with the sequence builder. 

We are working through bugs as quickly as possible, but I can't say how long it will take us to fix the issues. I'll start providing more updates as we progress. Let me know if there are any questions.

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

I am going to continue to post weekly or bi-weekly updates until we release the upcoming  beta version of CinemaVision.  I know that it has been a long time to get to this point, but you should know where the development is at going forward.

Last week I mentioned that we were still working on three areas: Trivia, Trailers and the Sequence Editor.  This week we took care of one of those issues.  As you can see in the video below, we now have trivia working.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

In this week's update we are focusing on Trailers.  In the video below I show a brief example of the trailers module in action.  Note that I have edited out the actual trailers for copyright reasons.  They played fine after a brief loading screen.

@DexDeadly has done a great job getting all of the core functionality working.  Now we need to make sure all of the modules work properly and reliably.  There are several issues that we are aware of and trying to address.  I'll address those in a future update.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Many thanks to everyone that has assisted with the beta testing.  We are working through the submitted bugs and will have a new beta version for people to test in the near future.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.