Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now

Recommended Posts

I know that the long term solution is to have the slides tagged so that they can be limited and stuff but I was wondering if a short term solution such as allowing Sequences to change the location of the slides could be implemented.  Inside Trivia I have a folder for "family" slides and "regular" slides and if I could create a sequence for Family movie night and another for everything else I could set up one to only pull slides from the Family folder and the other from the other folder.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2015, 11:30:00, japes said:

I know that the long term solution is to have the slides tagged so that they can be limited and stuff but I was wondering if a short term solution such as allowing Sequences to change the location of the slides could be implemented.  Inside Trivia I have a folder for "family" slides and "regular" slides and if I could create a sequence for Family movie night and another for everything else I could set up one to only pull slides from the Family folder and the other from the other folder.

 

Thanks.

That might be something we could do in the short term. Thanks for the suggestion!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on if/when this feature could be implemented? I'd love to have the ability to select which trivia folder to use for any given sequence. For my "Animation" night, for example, I'd set up the sequence to only show slides from one specific folder. For "Star Wars" night I'd set up another sequence to show slides from the Star Wars folder, etc, etc. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what the long term plan for trivia is, but would it be possible to separate by genre as a default in addition to being able to pick a specific set on a movie by movie basis?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2016 at 11:20 AM, McSwindler said:

I'm not sure what the long term plan for trivia is, but would it be possible to separate by genre as a default in addition to being able to pick a specific set on a movie by movie basis?

Then end-game is to have a metadata.xml that contains information about all of the slides in a set individually. Including but not limited to genre, rating, subject matter, actors, director, etc. You would then be able to create a filter in the Trivia Module that includes only trivia meeting specific criteria. It's going to be a massive project, but in the end, it should be worth the effort. Before we get that far, we'll be adding the ability to set a directory for each trivia module. When we get that added, you would be able to create directories for genres. We're also going to add several more flags, including genre, to the command module. That would effectively enable to you filter trivia by genre until we get the metadata ironed out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2016 at 5:27 PM, Schroeder said:

I second this motion.  A much simpler solution (to specify trivia folder) would be easy to implement in the meantime!

We're working on adding this in, but it's not as trivial (a joke from our developer, thanks @ruuk) as you'd expect. It's going to take a bit of development to get it all working. We are working on it, though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ragnarok, if we select a specific trivia folder for a sequence, will it play the slides in all subfolders of the folder we create? If so, how many levels down? I'm curious because there have been some good Marvel slides uploaded recently, but they contain subfolders and slides for various films have the same filename. I was just wondering if CV will take care of this or if I need to put all of the slides into one single "Marvel" folder, for instance, without all of the various subfolders.

Edited by MidnightWatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, MidnightWatcher said:

Ragnarok, if we select a specific trivia folder for a sequence, will it play the slides in all subfolders of the folder we create? If so, how many levels down? I'm curious because there have been some good Marvel slides uploaded recently, but they contain subfolders and slides for various films have the same filename. I was just wondering if CV will take care of this or if I need to put all of the slides into one single "Marvel" folder, for instance, without all of the various subfolders.

It will be recursive from the target directory, as many levels as you want. As long as the files are named properly (or an XML was created for them) and they're scraped into your CinemaVision database via a content update, you'll be good. :D

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought I saw a post about the next round of development starting and this is one of two things I'd REALLY like to see happen.  Either the full tagged version or just the ability to select a different slide folder.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, japes said:

I thought I saw a post about the next round of development starting and this is one of two things I'd REALLY like to see happen.  Either the full tagged version or just the ability to select a different slide folder.

This is high on a very long feature list, and will be in the next round. We haven't started just yet, because our developer currently has contracts to work on some other Kodi add-ons that he cant/won't tell me about. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

 

Sorry to bump a very old topic, but I didn't want to open a new one.

Is there any update regarding this feature, because as far as I know there still isn't a way to choose per sequence which trivia folder CinemaVision should use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Matan said:

Hi all,

 

Sorry to bump a very old topic, but I didn't want to open a new one.

Is there any update regarding this feature, because as far as I know there still isn't a way to choose per sequence which trivia folder CinemaVision should use.

I would like to know as well. I have to remove and change trivia for every sequence and I know it can be much easier

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*BUMP* also looking for an update here. dyhometheatherguy what exactly do you mean by remove and change trivia for every sequence?  I was pondering making different sequences for each (like Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Disney etc) but I realized since there's no directory selection for trivia. It wouldn't help at all here. Outside of manually moving all the trivia except what I want before I star a movie's all I can come up with. Is that what you're doing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.