Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
elfman

CV Launcher and Emby Backend Library

Question

So I recently moved from a shared MySQL film library on Kodi to an Emby back end.  So that means, I no longer let Kodi scrape my data into its library since Emby manages all my media and is able to feed it Kodi directly.  For those not familiar, it is similar to Plexbmc but is skin independent.

Looking to implement CV and got everything set up and built my first sequence.  Tested it and it works great.  I am using the Aeon Nox Silvo skin which has a setting for CV in it.  However, I am unable to get the skin to launch the CV sequence.  I also, again I am assuming because Emby is managing my media, that I can't even see CV launcher in my context  menu either.

Any thoughts on how I can launch my CV sequence with the skin I am using and Emby as a back end and not the traditional Kodi library?

7 answers to this question

Yes, the 'Use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback' setting is correct. That needs to be on. Just to be sure, I recommend that you reset your emby database via the plugin and do a fresh scan with the setting enabled.

Next, which Version of Kodi are you running? The CV Context Launcher is only available for Kodi 15.x (Isengard). On previous versions it will not work.

Also, which version of Mikes Nox Mod are you running. Its odd that you dont see the CV button at all. You did look for the button on the info screen of a movie, right?!

I think that Mike added the CV button only on the Github version of the skin. The monthly update was held back because there is (was?) a problem with a script the skin is depending on.

Here´s what i would do: (If you dont mind starting mostly fresh and setting things back up)

• Do a full rescan of the emby db via the kodi addon
  • Update Kodi to the latest version
  • Delete under /KODIFOLDER/addons "context.cinemavisionlauncher" and "script.cinemavision" and under /KODIFOLDER/userdata/addon_data "script.cinemavision" (DISCLAIMER: I am not at my kodi machine right now, the names of the script and context could be not completely right, but you will find the right ones :) )
  • Delete under /KODIFOLDER/addons the skin.aeon.nox.silvo folder and, if you installed the repository, the repo.silvo
  • Reboot your Kodi machine, it should now show the "Confluence" skin
  • Take a deep breath and enjoy the clean air of your kodi install
  • Go to Mikes Github and download the zip file of his skin (or use git pull if you are familiar with git)
  • Unzip the skin, rename it from skin.aeon.nox.silvo-master to skin.aeon.nox.silvo (Again, i am not a my kodi machine and am just doing this from memory)
  • Make sure you have the required and recommended scripts installed check here (To get some, not all, needed scripts automatically, you could install the original aeon nox side-by-side to the silvo mod)
  • Install CV addon and the context launcher addon from the official Kodi repository
  • Setup the CV addon
  • Reboot
  • Switch to Mikes Skin and hopefully you are ready for a Movienight :D

As for the pathsubstiution problem, here is my limited knowledge...When i enabled the direct path setting and did a rescan of my library, i couldnt play any files afterwards. I got the "This file is not in you library anymore. Do you want to delete it" error. So i checked and found out i have to setup pathsubstitution. You could test that very easily.

My settings are as described in the picture, but i am using a docker version of the emby server, so that will be very different to your paths.

I would just try around with different combinations and if you cant get it to run, the devs over at the emby forum are veeeery helpfull and reply quickly :)

Just from a quick glance i would try, From: \\servername\movies TO: smb://YOURSERVERIP/movies        but that could be totally wrong ;)

Hope i didnt forget anything....

path.JPG

Edited by cirkator
  • Upvote 1

I have exactly the same setup. Even the same skin.

For CV to work correctly, you have to use "direct path" in the emby for kodi addon settings.

If you have your media files on a network storage an use e.g. Samba to access your files via Emby, you also have to setup "path substitution" in the emby server settings.

If you need more help, most is already explained in the emby wiki, let me know. Glad to help

Btw. I can use the CV context launcher and the skin button without a problem

Thanks so much cirkator.

Just so I am clear, I changed the setting in the plug-in under 'Use local paths instead of addon redirect for playback' to be on.

Then I need to set up Path substitution under the Media Library section of Emby.  I understand what needs to happen here but I am struggling with a 'From' path.  I am running 2 servers in my house.  The first is a WHS 2011.  This is the machine that hosts all my media and files on file shares (\\servername\movies\).  The machine that is hosting my Emby server is on a completely separate machine which accesses the media through these UNC paths.  So I really don't have a direct drive path to any of my media and wondering if path substitution will work for me. So far, I am not seeing either the Skin button or the CV Launcher in Kodi.

I am so hoping to get CV working as it is the last piece of the puzzle for me in switching fully over to Emby from shared MySQL.

... and the context launcher addon from the official Kodi repository

Thanks again cirkator.  You gave me a lot of great info and I was carefully going through your post, and noticed the quote.  O.o In all my years of using Kodi (since before Eden), I have never had the need to install a context menu add on. 95% of my add on needs come from custom repos or Program and Video add-ons.  I have since installed the CL Launcher and viola.  It all works.  Didn't have to mess with path substitution.

I still don't have the actual CV button on my "Show Information" screen but I think I will chalk that one up to what you had said about Mike withholding that change from the repo for now.  I will assume that it will get added to the repo at some point.  I may try and use the git version at a later point.  I have spent WAY too much time on this already.  I'd rather be watching media than tweaking Kodi all the time.

For now, I think I am good.  

Again, really appreciate your help!

Haha, well that was an easy fix

I often find myself having more fun tinkering with settings and skins than actually watching media

The CV button will be available at Mikes next repo update for sure.

Have fun with CV!

One more note that I just discovered and hopefully may help someone later reading this thread.  Previously, I was using the Extended info add-on instead of the default Silvo info screen and this mode does not have the CV button.  If you undo this option in the skin options, the CV button returns to the Show Information screen.

Thanks again!

On 11/9/2015, 8:16:17, cirkator said:

I have exactly the same setup. Even the same skin.

For CV to work correctly, you have to use "direct path" in the emby for kodi addon settings.

If you have your media files on a network storage an use e.g. Samba to access your files via Emby, you also have to setup "path substitution" in the emby server settings.

If you need more help, most is already explained in the emby wiki, let me know. Glad to help emoji1.png

Btw. I can use the CV context launcher and the skin button without a problem

Odd... I have Emby as a back-end and I don't have to do this on the Arctic Zephyr: Exploded skin.