Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
  • 0
HTFreak

The "How to configure CinemaVision" instructions - The Feature Module

Question

I followed the instructions for the "How to configure CinemaVision".

I noticed that the instructions cover every module (for the sample sequence that the thread instructs you to create) except for the "Feature" module. (ie the instructions tell you what to do for the Trivia, Audio Bumper, Command etc, but not for the Feature module);

Am I to assume that the Feature module editing is common sense and did not need to be included or are these instructions purposely not including doing anything with the Feature module in this particular instructions sheet? (by common sense, just go in and edit the Feature module and add your movie?)

The instructions cover how to Add the "Feature" module, but it does not discuss how to edit the "Feature" module and add your Movie to it.

Edited by HTFreak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
2 hours ago, HTFreak said:

I followed the instructions for the "How to configure CinemaVision".

I noticed that the instructions cover every module (for the sample sequence that the thread instructs you to create) except for the "Feature" module. (ie the instructions tell you what to do for the Trivia, Audio Bumper, Command etc, but not for the Feature module);

Am I to assume that the Feature module editing is common sense and did not need to be included or are these instructions purposely not including doing anything with the Feature module in this particular instructions sheet? (by common sense, just go in and edit the Feature module and add your movie?)

The instructions cover how to Add the "Feature" module, but it does not discuss how to edit the "Feature" module and add your Movie to it.

I'm actually working on guides for each Module that's available right now, starting with the most complicated. The most common use of the Feature Module is to have one feature play in that spot in the Sequence, with ratings cards in whatever random style is available. The reason that I left the Feature Module out of the configuration guide is because for the most common use of the Module, you shouldn't have to change a thing. In the next cycle of development, we'll be simplifying it even further by moving the ratings bumpers to their own Module.

You don't have to add your movie to the Feature Module at all. The Feature Module will play whatever movie is next in your queue, which means you don't have to build a Sequence for each of your movies. As long as you have a Feature Module in your Sequence where you would like your movie to play, follow this guide to launch your Sequence in CinemaVision:

You can either run a Sequence with one feature (movie) queued, or multiple features queued. If you're looking to do a marathon with multiple features queued, you'll need to make sure to set your Sequence up to be able to handle multiple features by using the Command Module. Let me know if you have any trouble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

How do I add a Movie to the queu? Is it a Kodi defined queu? Where is the queue to tell it what movie to play and then how do I play the movie in the queue?

Thank you for your help. You have been very patient with my lack of Kodi skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
30 minutes ago, HTFreak said:

How do I add a Movie to the queu? Is it a Kodi defined queu? Where is the queue to tell it what movie to play and then how do I play the movie in the queue?

Thank you for your help. You have been very patient with my lack of Kodi skills.

It is a function of Kodi, and the standard keyboard mapping is Q to add an item to your queue. To view your current queue in Kodi, the standard keyboard mapping is N. We wrote a guide on all this, too. :)

 If you want a more advanced way to view the queue that allows you to reorder items, that's what the CinemaVision Queue Dialog is for. You can access it from the CinemaVision context item if you don't have it set to bypass the dialog in CinemaVision Settings.

Edit: You're very welcome! Happy to help. We do this stuff because we love doing it, and hope all of you guys do what we do and show it off to everyone you know. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Have to say this part has been driving me nuts! I've managed to get intro and trailers working, but I can't get it to play the feature. I'm assuming there's something painfully obvious I'm missing here.   I've queued movies which show in the cinema vision launcher on my Kodi box , but they just don't play !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/17/2017 at 3:00 AM, AVP said:

Have to say this part has been driving me nuts! I've managed to get intro and trailers working, but I can't get it to play the feature. I'm assuming there's something painfully obvious I'm missing here.   I've queued movies which show in the cinema vision launcher on my Kodi box , but they just don't play !

Do you have a Feature Module in your Sequence?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

Do you have a Feature Module in your Sequence?

Thanks for the reply , I did , but worked out what I was doing wrong !  Was trying to play on TV box  - but "feature" (movie) was on Plex media server  network which it wouldn't pick up  . Switched to  External hard drive connected to TV box and worked like a charm.  Absolutely Fantastic plugin  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
12 hours ago, AVP said:

Thanks for the reply , I did , but worked out what I was doing wrong !  Was trying to play on TV box  - but "feature" (movie) was on Plex media server  network which it wouldn't pick up  . Switched to  External hard drive connected to TV box and worked like a charm.  Absolutely Fantastic plugin  

Excellent! So right now, CinemaVision can only work with content scraped into your Kodi Library. In the future we do have plans to engage Plex and (hopefully) get them to integrate CinemaVision into their platform as well. Create some buzz on their site if you're interested in that kind of support! The more of you that say something, the better our case for integration will be when we're ready to present it to them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.