Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.

Slider (4)

Slider (5)

marlon1925

Philips Hue Help

Question

10 answers to this question

55 minutes ago, marlon1925 said:

can you please help me with the actions needed to manipulate my Philips Hue bulbs, bloom and strips?

This guide will walk you through setup from beginning to end:

And these Philips Hue Action File examples should get you the rest of the way:

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

This guide will walk you through setup from beginning to end:

And these Philips Hue Action File examples should get you the rest of the way:

" When you've finished setting up the Groups on your Hue Bridge, copy down the number that the Bridge assigned to each Light or Group. We'll call the Light number your Light ID, and the Group number your Group ID.  "

how do i get the group ID? I can't find it anywhere in the Hue app on my phone :(

3 hours ago, marlon1925 said:

" When you've finished setting up the Groups on your Hue Bridge, copy down the number that the Bridge assigned to each Light or Group. We'll call the Light number your Light ID, and the Group number your Group ID.  "

how do i get the group ID? I can't find it anywhere in the Hue app on my phone :(

The GroupID is the number that the Hue Hub has assigned to the group that you created, much in the same way the LightID is the number assigned to your light by the Hub. If you're not sure what those numbers are, you can use the CLIP Debugger to get them using these commands:

Return information about all groups: http://<hue_bridge_ip>/api/<hue_bridge_user>/groups/ then press the GET button.

Return information about all lights: http://<hue_bridge_ip>/api/<hue_bridge_user>/lights/ then press the GET button.

21 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

The GroupID is the number that the Hue Hub has assigned to the group that you created, much in the same way the LightID is the number assigned to your light by the Hub. If you're not sure what those numbers are, you can use the CLIP Debugger to get them using these commands:

Return information about all groups: http://<hue_bridge_ip>/api/<hue_bridge_user>/groups/ then press the GET button.

Return information about all lights: http://<hue_bridge_ip>/api/<hue_bridge_user>/lights/ then press the GET button.

i hope you'll bear with me sir, I'm really having a hard time getting the groups. I am attaching here pictures of the groups I created using the hue iOs app.

IMG_2172.PNG

IMG_2173.PNG

IMG_2174.PNG

IMG_2175.PNG

IMG_2176.PNG

IMG_2177.PNG

IMG_2178.PNG

IMG_2179.PNG

this is what i got when i typed this  "http://192.168.0.103/api/3ZY9sXRk9XHj8wWOVvUe5yJWWCxiuVA2VUpzOqu5/groups/ "  :

####

{
    "1": {
        "name": "RiseNSetD70F5F14-83CE-4B08",
        "lights": [
            "3",
            "1"
        ],
        "type": "LightGroup",
        "state": {
            "all_on": false,
            "any_on": false
        },
        "recycle": false,
        "action": {
            "on": false,
            "bri": 254,
            "hue": 14910,
            "sat": 144,
            "effect": "none",
            "xy": [
            ],
            "ct": 369,
            "alert": "none",
            "colormode": "ct"
        }
    },
    "2": {
        "name": "RiseNSet48B621F1-20BA-4800",
            "1",
            "3"
        ],
        "type": "LightGroup",
            "any_on": false
        },
        "recycle": false,
            "bri": 0,
            "hue": 0,
            "sat": 0,
            ],
            "ct": 0,
            "colormode": "hs"
        }
    },
    "3": {
        "name": "movie room",
            "1",
            "2",
            "3",
            "4",
            "5",
            "6",
            "7",
            "8",
            "9",
            "10",
            "11",
            "12",
            "13",
            "14",
            "16",
            "17",
            "18",
            "19",
            "20",
            "21",
            "15"
        ],
        "type": "Room",
            "any_on": true
        },
        "class": "Recreation",
            "bri": 254,
            "hue": 14910,
            "sat": 144,
            ],
            "ct": 369,
            "colormode": "ct"
        }
    }
}

####

Edited by marlon1925
update

1 hour ago, marlon1925 said:

i hope you'll bear with me sir, I'm really having a hard time getting the groups. I am attaching here pictures of the groups I created using the hue iOs app.

this is what i got when i typed this  "http://192.168.0.103/api/3ZY9sXRk9XHj8wWOVvUe5yJWWCxiuVA2VUpzOqu5/groups/ "  :

No worries at all! I think the group numbers are right there at the top of the code for each group. For example, your group named movie lights has a GroupID of 3.

2 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

No worries at all! I think the group numbers are right there at the top of the code for each group. For example, your group named movie lights has a GroupID of 3.

Thanks sir, finally figures it out. All my lights are grouped "3".

i downloaded "huemote" and created new grouping.

now its working! 

thanks a lot!

Just need to learn color manipulation now :P

This is it! :P

Demo Video

You're welcome! We have some actions for download that you just have to paste information in. Should save you some headaches.

5 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

You're welcome! We have some actions for download that you just have to paste information in. Should save you some headaches.

Thanks again sir!

btw, is there a way we could turn a light or a group of light into "Ambilight"?

Not that I know of. That would take an application that could read your screen and modify lights appropriately. Way more than CinemaVision is capable of.

I replaced some first gen bulbs with the new ones. I noticed that the new ones are a lot brighter. Is there a way I could match the colors?
Where do I get the color codes so I can set in the action files?

Please help!

Edited by marlon1925
I got it figured out already