Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
  • 0
rlasvegas

Playback failed error during Trivia module start

Question

Hello, I see to be having a constant issue roughly 80% - 90% of the time) with my sequences (custom and default) when it gets to the "Trivia" module.  After a 10 second or do pause, I get an error popup that says "Playback failed - One or more items failed to play....".  After clicking ok, the Trivia slides eventually start to play.  After this hiccup, everything else is ok.

The content is running off an Unraid server and I'm running version  1.0.12.a1 of CV and KODI 16.1.  on my Windows 10 machine as well as MyGica and Minix android boxes (all are having the same issue).  Any idea what could be causing this? I've attached my Windows log file for review. 

Thanks.

 

 

kodi_error.log

Edited by rlasvegas
Updating file

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

The way I've been using the single file setting to point to one of the .pls files saved to my music folder.  Specifically I have been using CINEMIX (CD Quality, 128k MP3).pls.  I have found an .m3u link of the exact same stream that I point to, and that does work.  Double clicking on any of the .pls/.m3u links in the folder does correctly launch the stream in my player.

 

Here's a link to a screenshot of my music folder;

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am00G6eF3VdVfn-GQ3AVueU43yE

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
45 minutes ago, rlasvegas said:

Hello, I see to be having a constant issue roughly 80% - 90% of the time) with my sequences (custom and default) when it gets to the "Trivia" module.  After a 10 second or do pause, I get an error popup that says "Playback failed - One or more items failed to play....".  After clicking ok, the Trivia slides eventually start to play.  After this hiccup, everything else is ok.

The content is running off an Unraid server and I'm running version  1.0.12.a1 of CV and KODI 16.1.  on my Windows 10 machine as well as MyGica and Minix android boxes (all are having the same issue).  Any idea what could be causing this? I've attached my Windows log file for review. 

Thanks.

 

kodi_error.log

Hey there! It doesnt look like your log attached correctly. Can you upload it again or throw it up on Pastebin?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
38 minutes ago, rlasvegas said:

Sorry.  Give this link a shot instead;

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am00G6eF3VdVe0ZLkqPHXyJKoh0

Thanks.

No worries at all. :) So that log looks incomplete. I don't see the Sequence being run, and erroring out on Trivia in it. I do see that you have 1.0.12a1 installed, but that, your trivia intro, and a dummy file are the only references to CV in the log.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 hour ago, rlasvegas said:

Sorry.  I deleted the kodi.log file and ran it again in hopes that it captured it all this time. O.o

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Am00G6eF3VdVfLntnk2USSsXyBE

Thanks again.

Well that's certainly better, but I'm not seeing what I expect to see. Is debug logging on? I can see where it plays the different videos in your Sequence, but I can't see CV actually processing the Sequence. This guide should walk you through turning on debug logging and then some:

I don't see where it's failing for your trivia in the log either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, rlasvegas said:

Ok, let's try this again with debugging enabled.  I hope this one includes the info you need.  I really appreciate your patience.

http://pastebin.com/jevqF8pA

Thanks.

We're here to help. :) This log has what I like to see. So it looks like you're only running one minute of trivia, is that right?

15:06:42 T:15252  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience:  -IMAGE.QUEUE: IMAGE (8s): E:\KODI\CinemaVision\Trivia\Movie Trivia (Vibrant)\2175-13_q.jpg
15:06:42 T:3716  NOTICE: [- CinemaVision -]: Experience: Fade ended early(1): NOT_PLAYING
15:06:50 T:11184 WARNING: JpegIO: Error 53: Not a JPEG file: starts with 0x%02x 0x%02x

So I'm not sure what's happening here.  This is the first time we've seen this error, and it appears to be happening each time trivia is called. Do me a favor... with debugging on, do the following:

  1. Open the CinemaVision add-on settings.
  2. Select the Trivia menu.
  3. Set the trivia Duration to 5 minutes.
  4. Select the Advanced menu.
  5. Under Debugging, select Reset content database.
  6. Select OK when prompted.
  7. Select the Content menu.
  8. Select Update content.

Then play your Sequence just like you did for your last log. That will show us what content is being scraped into the database and everything else. That might give us a better idea of what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I did some of my own troubleshooting, and it looks to be related to the music stream regardless if leave it at "default (content)", or if I choose one of the other streams from ;

If I leave the music setting to "None" I get no issues whatsoever.

I'm assuming the default music setting utilizes one of the streams in the back end as well?  Could there be an issue with the originating streaming source or perhaps something specific to my network setup?

Thanks.

Edited by rlasvegas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
On 9/2/2016 at 5:40 PM, rlasvegas said:

I did some of my own troubleshooting, and it looks to be related to the music stream regardless if leave it at "default (content)", or if I choose one of the other streams from ;

If I leave the music setting to "None" I get no issues whatsoever.

I'm assuming the default music setting utilizes one of the streams in the back end as well?  Could there be an issue with the originating streaming source or perhaps something specific to my network setup?

Thanks.

Well this is interesting... So the default setting when in Demo Mode does use a stream, but the second that you set your Content path in the CinemaVision settings, that changes to point to Content. That assumes that you have music files in your %CVROOT%\Music directory that it can use locally. We did that because generally, streams can be unreliable and they take a little bit to open, delaying Trivia and your Sequence. Is that %CVROOT%\Music directory empty? What does the Music setting have configured in your Module, and at the global level in CinemaVision settings? If it's a stream, which one, and does it work when played through a media player? If it is a problem with the network, it shouldn't crash outright. It should just delay the start. We should try local music files just to see how it behaves, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, rlasvegas said:

The way I've been using the single file setting to point to one of the .pls files saved to my music folder.  Specifically I have been using CINEMIX (CD Quality, 128k MP3).pls.  I have found an .m3u link of the exact same stream that I point to, and that does work.  Double clicking on any of the .pls/.m3u links in the folder does correctly launch the stream in my player.

 

Here's a link to a screenshot of my music folder;

https://1drv.ms/i/s!Am00G6eF3VdVfn-GQ3AVueU43yE

Thanks.

If you browse to the file in the Kodi File Manager (from inside of Kodi) and open it, does it play without issue? All we do is pass the music to Kodi to play, and I'm curious if there might be an issue with playback inside of Kodi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Looks to be a Kodi playback issue as it choked with the same error message in both File Manager and if I added the containing folder to my Music library.  Fortunately I have found a workaround as per one of my earlier posts so I'm good for now.

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 minutes ago, rlasvegas said:

Looks to be a Kodi playback issue as it choked with the same error message in both File Manager and if I added the containing folder to my Music library.  Fortunately I have found a workaround as per one of my earlier posts so I'm good for now.

Thanks.

Well that's good to know. :) I'll do some testing as well and see if we need to open up a bug report for the issue with Kodi. Thanks for the heads up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.