Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.

Slider (4)

Slider (5)

wildBcat

Cinema Vision Profiles

I know some other threads have talked about this, and I know it is getting there, but this is what I would love to see

I would love to save profiles, like a sci fi profile, or scary movie profile, or holiday profile, or kids profile. With the kid profile I would only have trivia slides that are for kid movies (like the jungle book trivia slides, or megamind). The trailers can already be set to the rating of the feature presentation, so that is good; then the bumpers would come from a specific set I have set aside for kids. For the scary movie profile I can use the halloween bumpers and do the scary movie trivia with scary music, and only show trailer from that genre (already something you can set).

Any thoughts on this?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildBcat said:

I know some other threads have talked about this, and I know it is getting there, but this is what I would love to see

I would love to save profiles, like a sci fi profile, or scary movie profile, or holiday profile, or kids profile. With the kid profile I would only have trivia slides that are for kid movies (like the jungle book trivia slides, or megamind). The trailers can already be set to the rating of the feature presentation, so that is good; then the bumpers would come from a specific set I have set aside for kids. For the scary movie profile I can use the halloween bumpers and do the scary movie trivia with scary music, and only show trailer from that genre (already something you can set).

Any thoughts on this?

We're actually planning to write a new engine that will allow you to build out custom Sequences that contain specific content (for films of a specific genre, a holiday, whatever you can think of). You'll be able to select them manually (as you can now) or CinemaVision can detect what you want based on the criteria you have set for that Sequence. You can do it manually right now, but you'd need to point your Video Bumpers to whatever videos you want to use, and you can't really limit Trivia right now unless you exclude certain slides which is a manual process.

To address the Trivia issue, we're also planning to (and it's not nailed down how we'll do this yet) create XML files that contain slide information so users can specify criteria for slide shows and the Trivia Module will only show slides that fit that criteria. You'll be able to use keywords, ratings, genres, etc. All of that is going down in the next round of development which should start soon, whenever our developer wraps up his super secret Kodi project.

Awesome! So currently is there a way to manually dictate which slides are played from the trivia folder? Currently I can only put the ones I am using into that folder, and keep the rest elsewhere.

16 minutes ago, wildBcat said:

Awesome! So currently is there a way to manually dictate which slides are played from the trivia folder? Currently I can only put the ones I am using into that folder, and keep the rest elsewhere.

There is, but it requires a bit of work. Create a directory in your Trivia Slides directory called _Exclude. Drag and drop any slide content you don't want in your preshow there. In the CinemaVision settings, update content, and there you go.