Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.

Slider (4)

Slider (5)

frankiej45nz

'Coming Soon' bumper lags and stalls

Question

I have an interesting issue with Cinema Vision after I completely reinstalled my SPMC build on an Nvidia Shield.

I'm using 1.0.12a1 dev build of Cinema Vision because I've had issue with crashes without.

I have a fairly simple sequence that plays a Theater Intro, Coming Soon Bumper, Trailer, Audio Bumper, Movie.

Both the Theater Intro Bumper and Coming Soon Bumper are directly selected files rather than random.

When the sequence plays, the Theater Intro plays fine, but the Coming Soon Bumper starts without sound and then after 2 - 3 seconds starts to lag and finally stops completely at about 5 seconds. I can skip it from the remote and the sequence moves on. All of the other components play fine without issue. It doesn't seem to matter which of the Coming Soon bumpers I pick (downloads from this site). However if i play them directly from file manager they play perfectly well.

What is also odd is my previous setup of SPMC with the same addons and setup worked fine all the way through - this only started to happen after the reinstall.

Anyone else seen anything similar? Have any ideas on solution?

8 answers to this question

4 hours ago, frankiej45nz said:

Sorry - should have read that.

Log file showing a Cinema Vision run attached - I aborted playback at the point the bumper stopped. Can see lots of Passthrough and Buffer errors while trying to play that bumper.

failed-bumper-log.txt

It's not a problem at all. :) Taking a look now.

So I re-enconded the bumper to use AAC rather than dolby digital and it works without issue. So its bitstream passthrough causing the problem at that particular point. My audio bumpers are all AC3, DTS, DTS-HD, TRUE-HD format and passthrough without issue which seems odd.

• Upvote 1

On 10/3/2016 at 6:15 PM, frankiej45nz said:

I have an interesting issue with Cinema Vision after I completely reinstalled my SPMC build on an Nvidia Shield.

I'm using 1.0.12a1 dev build of Cinema Vision because I've had issue with crashes without.

I have a fairly simple sequence that plays a Theater Intro, Coming Soon Bumper, Trailer, Audio Bumper, Movie.

Both the Theater Intro Bumper and Coming Soon Bumper are directly selected files rather than random.

When the sequence plays, the Theater Intro plays fine, but the Coming Soon Bumper starts without sound and then after 2 - 3 seconds starts to lag and finally stops completely at about 5 seconds. I can skip it from the remote and the sequence moves on. All of the other components play fine without issue. It doesn't seem to matter which of the Coming Soon bumpers I pick (downloads from this site). However if i play them directly from file manager they play perfectly well.

What is also odd is my previous setup of SPMC with the same addons and setup worked fine all the way through - this only started to happen after the reinstall.

Anyone else seen anything similar? Have any ideas on solution?

Is the bumper you're using from this site? If so, which one? If not, can you attach the bumper you were having the problem with so I can do some testing? It's possible that the audio track has problems, but I won't know unless I look at that.

Another possibility is that there is a problem with Kodi, but I'm not sure what version you're using and what other add-ons are installed that could cause an issue, or what player is being used because the log I have is partial. Would you mind uploading a full debug log? Once we have all that we might be able to track down what's happening. Our developer has a Shield, and we use it to test builds before we make them stable releases. We haven't seen this issue before.

The bumper is the coming soon message from the link above.

I use SPMC rather than Kodi direct (due to Kodi devs not having anyone focused on Android) which is based off Kodi 16.1 though i believe - see spmc.semperpax.com

The only other addon really is Emby.

I won't be in a position to upload a full debug log til next week - but will do!

My gut instinct at the moment is its related to passthrough of stereo AC3, but still very odd that the file works fine under normal playing conditions, only has the problem when in a CinemaVision sequence. As noted above - once i re-encoded the file to use AAC which isn't bitstreamed out - works fine.

33 minutes ago, frankiej45nz said:

The bumper is the coming soon message from the link above.

I use SPMC rather than Kodi direct (due to Kodi devs not having anyone focused on Android) which is based off Kodi 16.1 though i believe - see spmc.semperpax.com

The only other addon really is Emby.

I won't be in a position to upload a full debug log til next week - but will do!

My gut instinct at the moment is its related to passthrough of stereo AC3, but still very odd that the file works fine under normal playing conditions, only has the problem when in a CinemaVision sequence. As noted above - once i re-encoded the file to use AAC which isn't bitstreamed out - works fine.

Those bumpers are legacy, and we're working on replacing them. We've learned quite a bit since then. :) Do me a favor and test these out. Those have the new audio standards we're using now, and come in all shapes and sizes. If those work, we're on the right path. I'll try to get Clean updated.