Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
   Join Now

Download the Kodi Add-on Today!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, sea eu causae aperiri periculis, iusto affert soleat an sea, soluta petentium inciderint nec no. Dolorum reprimique ullamcorper sed ad. Ei quo malorum singulis, tota mundi feugait ut pro. Choro utamur inimicus ex sea. Tota dicit te usu. Sea ad erant possim reformidans. An modus detraxit postulant vel. Per no habeo ludus qualisque. Vix legere singulis legendos et, an cum eius soluta accumsan. Facer discere no nec.
Jdastas

Plex Support

Recommended Posts

Hello all,

 

Question for the Devs.  I've been a long time Kodi user and finding myself leaning towards switching to Plex.  My reasons are mostly due to the several issues I've had with Kodi for a long time and finally I just decided to switch to a more polished but more simpler offering.  With that said, I am curious if the developers have reached out to Plex for integration and if that is even in the conversation for the future.  Thank you for this awesome tool and keep up the great work.  

 

Best Regards,

 

- JD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2016 at 7:58 AM, Jdastas said:

Hello all,

 

Question for the Devs.  I've been a long time Kodi user and finding myself leaning towards switching to Plex.  My reasons are mostly due to the several issues I've had with Kodi for a long time and finally I just decided to switch to a more polished but more simpler offering.  With that said, I am curious if the developers have reached out to Plex for integration and if that is even in the conversation for the future.  Thank you for this awesome tool and keep up the great work.  

 

Best Regards,

 

- JD

We did reach out about a month ago, as a matter of fact. I'm not sure where it will lead, but we're hoping to talk Plex into replacing their Cinema Trailers & Extras functionality with CinemaVision, to give that platform a much more robust offering. We've only had introductory conversations with them, but I'm hopeful. It probably also wouldn't hurt for the CinemaVision community to request support on the Plex site. :) We're pretty small potatoes when compared to them, and it might compel them to give us some attention if they knew their users would love to see integration.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ragnarok said:

We did reach out about a month ago, as a matter of fact. I'm not sure where it will lead, but we're hoping to talk Plex into replacing their Cinema Trailers & Extras functionality with CinemaVision, to give that platform a much more robust offering. We've only had introductory conversations with them, but I'm hopeful. It probably also wouldn't hurt for the CinemaVision community to request support on the Plex site. :) We're pretty small potatoes when compared to them, and it might compel them to give us some attention if they knew their users would love to see integration.

Thanks Ragnarok.  

I will definitely add it as a feature request in the forum and hopefully it gets noticed.  I tried to look, but it would be nice if you had a quick 2-4 minute video just highlighting what Cinema Vision is capable of.  Something to really catch the eye and peak interest for those that don't want to sit through a 33min long video like what is currently available.  If you are on their forums, i go by the same handle as well.  jdastas

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jdastas said:

Thanks Ragnarok.  

I will definitely add it as a feature request in the forum and hopefully it gets noticed.  I tried to look, but it would be nice if you had a quick 2-4 minute video just highlighting what Cinema Vision is capable of.  Something to really catch the eye and peak interest for those that don't want to sit through a 33min long video like what is currently available.  If you are on their forums, i go by the same handle as well.  jdastas

 

Thanks again!

We're actually working on a video like that right now. :) We wanted to put it on the homepage to entice companies like Plex and Emby and make it look like something they want to integrate. I think it'll be between 2 and 5 minutes. I'm on their forums as CinemaVision I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ismaelab said:

Hello @Ragnarok,

Any news from Plex on this? :)

Plex should have this amazing add-on!

Cheers.

Hey there, @ismaelab! I haven't seen anyone post anything on the Plex forums requesting CinemaVision support at all, so I don't think there's been any headway. I plan to reach back out to the folks at Plex after we've started the next round of development. We agree, Plex should integrate CinemaVision!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Any update if this has been added to Plex yet?


As far as I'm aware, Plex users haven't yet requested CinemaVision integration. I do plan on reaching out to Plex when we get a little bit deeper into the second round of development. Please do whatever you can to get the Plex user base onboard with CinemaVision. That might give us the push we need!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.