Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

Join Now
ELPTheater

Turn off Title Popup while playing

Question

I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the information popup that shows the title of the video playing to give this much more of a cinema feel. I'm not sure if this is something in Kodi or something that is at the skin level.

As an example, when an intro plays, a little popup comes up at the bottom of the screen telling the title, then trivia, then as the trivia outro plays - another popup. It also does this on every trailer - basically, every time video plays.

If you need more info or screen shots - let me know.

Thanks in advance!

3 answers to this question

31 minutes ago, ELPTheater said:

I'm wondering if there is a way to disable the information popup that shows the title of the video playing to give this much more of a cinema feel. I'm not sure if this is something in Kodi or something that is at the skin level.

As an example, when an intro plays, a little popup comes up at the bottom of the screen telling the title, then trivia, then as the trivia outro plays - another popup. It also does this on every trailer - basically, every time video plays.

If you need more info or screen shots - let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hey there! If I'm not wrong, that popup is coming from DialogBusy.xml. We recommend that skinners add the option to suppress the busy dialog to their skins DialogBusy.xml file. The information needed can be found in the guide below:

What skin are you using? You might point your skin developer to that guide and ask that they contact us with any questions. We're happy to help.

I'm using XConfluence by Echo Coder - but found a toggle in the skin settings under general - media settings - turn off OSD on video start. That knocked it out. Thanks for your response!

Perfect! Happy to help, and very glad to hear XConfluence has support for CinemaVision! Let us know if you need anything else.