Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

Be a part of CinemaVision today! Once registered and logged in, you will have access to public chat and your own private messenger, you can view and contribute guides, collaborate on the forums, review downloads, give reputation to your fellow members, contribute content and so much more. Registering is quick and completely free, so what are you waiting for?
   Sign In    Sign Up

Become a RedCarpet Club Member Today!

   Join Now

Recommended Posts

I had an idea especially for people with scope (2.35 or 2.40) screens. Most of the bumpers I noticed are in 16:9 which is normal because that is the standard but for people with scopes screens or who may want to do that later it can be an issue. I wonder, if possible, when running a sequence it can detect of the movie is in scope and play all the appropriate video bumpers and trivia in scope. Basically I have some Dolby trailers in 2.35 and 16:9 so if the movie is 16:9 or 2.35 it will play the bumpers and movie trailers in the same format as the movie. In the same instance, I have two types of Dolby bumpers. One is the regular Dolby 5.1 bumper and the other says Dolby Surround 7.1. Say the movie is in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 it can play the Dolby 7.1 bumper rather than the regular one. Just some ideas I wanted to throw out there I would like to see implemented. I don't know if it's possible to do now or not but it would be really cool to see. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions to add on to this, feel free to comment below.

Thanks

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/9/2017 at 5:44 PM, dyhometheaterguy said:

I had an idea especially for people with scope (2.35 or 2.40) screens. Most of the bumpers I noticed are in 16:9 which is normal because that is the standard but for people with scopes screens or who may want to do that later it can be an issue. I wonder, if possible, when running a sequence it can detect of the movie is in scope and play all the appropriate video bumpers and trivia in scope. Basically I have some Dolby trailers in 2.35 and 16:9 so if the movie is 16:9 or 2.35 it will play the bumpers and movie trailers in the same format as the movie. In the same instance, I have two types of Dolby bumpers. One is the regular Dolby 5.1 bumper and the other says Dolby Surround 7.1. Say the movie is in Dolby TrueHD 7.1 it can play the Dolby 7.1 bumper rather than the regular one. Just some ideas I wanted to throw out there I would like to see implemented. I don't know if it's possible to do now or not but it would be really cool to see. If you guys have any ideas or suggestions to add on to this, feel free to comment below.

Thanks

This is coming, but it's not in there yet. You'll notice we started filename tagging Scope bumpers that can be downloaded from the CinemaVision website. There was previously not a way to detect if the video signal was scope or flat, so we didn't go far with the feature. That may be available in Kodi 18, and even if it's not we do have a scope display option that we can use as a source of truth to make this work. Basically, if you have that setting set, or if we can automatically detect Scope in the same way we detect audio codecs, CinemaVision will prefer files that are tagged as Scope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In a similar vein, is there a way that CinemaVision can detect a THX certified movie?  I noticed a directory for THX audio bumpers, but I don't know how that would ever be activated.  Given most theaters that are THX certified show (or at least SHOWED as in the past; I don't see it much anymore) a THX trailer for every movie shown in a THX rated screen, I'm guessing it doesn't really matter much if you want your guests to think your home cinema is "THX" so I have it show it as "Feature Outro" (i.e. right after the feature intro and before the detected audio format bumper), but I figured the THX Directory must be there for a reason so I'm curious if some movies have some kind of marker somehow (or if it can be added with Subler or whatever meta data). 

One thing I wish Kodi would add is support for ID Tag Meta Data for M4V and MKV videos (meta data could easily be used to mark everything from aspect ratio to when the credits roll for a given film).  iTunes + AppleTV has had that support since like 2007.  An entire DECADE later, Kodi still doesn't support it (they just don't care from their comments on there, which is too bad since their music ID Tag reader can actually read the movie data already; if you rename a movie from M4V to .M4A and run it through the music section it will read the tags just fine so all they ever had to do was adapt that code for the movie section.  Davilla talked about doing it, but never got around to it either.  Some movies/videos simply aren't known in the various movie databases (common with concert films and some foreign films and most "director's cut" versions get no differentiation at all within Kodi) yet tagging them yourself at home is easy and lets you pre-pick movie art, etc.  Subler actually automates the ID Tag data for you on a search after you encode with Handbrake or whatever program and makes it a cinch for most movies.  This is one advantage AppleTV still has, but then you lose these great CinemaVision options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, VonMagnum said:

In a similar vein, is there a way that CinemaVision can detect a THX certified movie?  I noticed a directory for THX audio bumpers, but I don't know how that would ever be activated.  Given most theaters that are THX certified show (or at least SHOWED as in the past; I don't see it much anymore) a THX trailer for every movie shown in a THX rated screen, I'm guessing it doesn't really matter much if you want your guests to think your home cinema is "THX" so I have it show it as "Feature Outro" (i.e. right after the feature intro and before the detected audio format bumper), but I figured the THX Directory must be there for a reason so I'm curious if some movies have some kind of marker somehow (or if it can be added with Subler or whatever meta data). 

One thing I wish Kodi would add is support for ID Tag Meta Data for M4V and MKV videos (meta data could easily be used to mark everything from aspect ratio to when the credits roll for a given film).  iTunes + AppleTV has had that support since like 2007.  An entire DECADE later, Kodi still doesn't support it (they just don't care from their comments on there, which is too bad since their music ID Tag reader can actually read the movie data already; if you rename a movie from M4V to .M4A and run it through the music section it will read the tags just fine so all they ever had to do was adapt that code for the movie section.  Davilla talked about doing it, but never got around to it either.  Some movies/videos simply aren't known in the various movie databases (common with concert films and some foreign films and most "director's cut" versions get no differentiation at all within Kodi) yet tagging them yourself at home is easy and lets you pre-pick movie art, etc.  Subler actually automates the ID Tag data for you on a search after you encode with Handbrake or whatever program and makes it a cinch for most movies.  This is one advantage AppleTV still has, but then you lose these great CinemaVision options.

Hey hey! Unfortunately, there's really not. THX Certifications apply to equipment such as receivers, amplifiers, speakers, displays and projectors. There's no way to detect if the equipment that you're using is THX Certified because we don't have visibility beyond software. We added support for THX so that if anyone had a THX Certified system, they could simply add a THX Audio Bumper into their Sequence to show that their equipment was THX Certified. We assumed people would want to display both a THX bumper and the detected audio codec bumper in most cases, which can be accomplished by adding two Audio Format Bumper Modules to one Sequence.

You're absolutely right about the metadata tags. At the time it was being discussed, the team had a lot of things going on (like replacing the aged DVDPlayer with the new VideoPlayer) that was deemed more important for good reason. There are still tons of features that will probably bump metadata support down in the list, but I'll put a bug in team members ears and we'll see what happens. Like you said, it shouldn't be hard to implement because the code already exists. My assumption is that they could replace the need for NFO files with metadata support, which is much more user friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2017 at 6:22 PM, Ragnarok said:

This is coming, but it's not in there yet. You'll notice we started filename tagging Scope bumpers that can be downloaded from the CinemaVision website. There was previously not a way to detect if the video signal was scope or flat, so we didn't go far with the feature. That may be available in Kodi 18, and even if it's not we do have a scope display option that we can use as a source of truth to make this work. Basically, if you have that setting set, or if we can automatically detect Scope in the same way we detect audio codecs, CinemaVision will prefer files that are tagged as Scope.

Great! Can't wait to see it happen. I actually have not seen any scope bumpers that I am aware of on the site. Is there a list somewhere? What about 5.1 vs 7.1 audio detection? Is that something that will be added as well?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dyhometheaterguy said:

Great! Can't wait to see it happen. I actually have not seen any scope bumpers that I am aware of on the site. Is there a list somewhere? What about 5.1 vs 7.1 audio detection? Is that something that will be added as well?

Thanks

Most of the scope bumpers available are currently in the Technology Format Bumpers section. DLP has one scope and one flat bumper, for example. and 5/1/7.1 audio bumpers are in the Audio Format Bumpers section. We already have built-in audio codec detection for everything except Auro 3D, DTS: X, and Dolby Atmos. Those aren't supported yet due to limitations with the version of FFMPEG that Kodi uses, and will be added as soon as FFMPEG supports detecting them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

About Us

CinemaVision began in 2014 as a collaboration to create content for use with your home theater, offering movie trivia slides and video bumpers. It has since grown to be THE PREMIER WAY to create and customize your preshow experience. Download the CinemaVision add-on for Kodi today from the official Kodi repository, and easily create a sequence of trivia, videos, trailers, home automation triggers and more that will bring the experience of a movie theater straight to your screen!

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Terms of Use.